Home

Squads Ruin the Fun

This is a discussion on Squads Ruin the Fun within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Squads Ruin the Fun

This squad stuff is so bad. Why? Because 2K, your fanbase is borderline slow.

Me and my other friend join into the Rec Center, three other people get next and we beat a squad.
I had: 25 pts, 8 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 3 blocks playing as a 6'10 point forward.
My Friend as a big man had 10 pts and 20 boards plus some blocks and 5 assists as well.

Safe to say we basically carried the team.

Now, after the game they back out and start a squad with the 2 legends just standing there for the past 20 minutes (because people act like legends are god) and we begin a match of "who's playing next" for the next half hour.

Literally just running court to court getting next while this squad who left us has half their team standing there doing nothing with not enough rough riders to play with my friend and I.

Long story short after about 15 more minutes they finally decide to move and of course we get kicked off the court.

Stuff like this won't happen with matchmaking...it's a cool idea but punishes players like me who just wanna talk with my friend and play.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Squads Ruin the Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI

Me and my other friend join into the Rec Center, three other people get next and we beat a squad.
I had: 25 pts, 8 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and 3 blocks playing as a 6'10 point forward.
My Friend as a big man had 10 pts and 20 boards plus some blocks and 5 assists as well.

Now, after the game they back out and start a squad with the 2 legends just standing there for the past 20 minutes (because people act like legends are god) and we begin a match of "who's playing next" for the next half hour.

Literally just running court to court getting next while this squad who left us has half their team standing there doing nothing with not enough rough riders to play with my friend and I.

Long story short after about 15 more minutes they finally decide to move and of course we get kicked off the court.

Stuff like this won't happen with matchmaking...it's a cool idea but punishes players like me who just wanna talk with my friend and play.
Get social man just find a group to play with and go to a new rec. I have close to 20 reliable people to play with so I rarely have to wait long. And yes as a legend randoms do past me the ball like I'm a savior lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Squads enhanced my experience. I can play with people I WANT to play with without having to play musical chairs for 30 minutes. I wish they had this feature last year.

Of course some are using it to troll (kick out players/ make someone relinquish got next rights) Unfortunately people abuse everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI

Based on what you typed I'ma assume you're Rivet City. Go to the online thread. They got a Rivet City thread. Last night, I got on ran with some of the guys I've linked up with on OS. We played 2 games, but it was fun playing with people I know. Check out that thread over there.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

They should have a matchmaking system in the first place so nobody has to play musical chairs, and so I can be put in a situation to be social.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Get social man just find a group to play with and go to a new rec. I have close to 20 reliable people to play with so I rarely have to wait long. And yes as a legend randoms do past me the ball like I'm a savior lol
The sad thing is I'm All Star 3 and these guys act like I'm a rookie even tho they're lower than I was.

In Park I like squads it's just impossible at night to find rec games. My one real life friend works all day so it's like 2 am we get on and there's a limited number of other people I run with to actually invite so we rely on randoms lol

Try to invite them to parties but it's always just three random people going "I'm open" "ahh bad shot" "who's man is that?"..rather just take losses without talking to them lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
Rookie

If you enter the REC and you don't have 4 squadmates with you, there's no room to complain... Build a squad.

Being social makes the Got Next experience fun... Matchmaking is boring.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I can't decide if I like the squad system or not, or even the whole Got Next thing. It's a cool idea, and in theory it sounds great, but there is always players abusing the system and screwing other players out of the game, or worse, keeping anyone from playing. Playin solo, it might take you over half an hour to even get in a game.

Sometimes I just wanna hop online an play a quick few, and a matchmaking system would be perfect for that. There can still be a Squad system, just make like the party system in CoD.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »