Home

Losing games badly since 3rd Patch

This is a discussion on Losing games badly since 3rd Patch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Losing games badly since 3rd Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
Post Patch I haven't made a stand still shot yet midrange or 3pter. On the move, I made my share. Now I feel I can't really play "Sim" anymore. I call plays, run Beal around a double screen, have him spotted up on the wing & wide open. Then will pass up that open look for a fade, leaner or step-back jumper just cause I know I will have a better chance of making it. I play in an online league 12min, HOF/SIM. Yes, it's frustrating as hell, when you can't make your opponent pay with open looks. I can run a P&R with Wall and every defender on the floor will clog the paint. I skip pass to Beal or Pierce and watch them go a combine 8-30 damn near every game. I dump it down to Nene or Gortat and watch them miss layup after layup. I get to the line then miss FT's being right smack on the line , but cant get a green release. Then when the game is over & you look at the stats, you'll see your FG% was around 43% (ave. 85-95FG att.), your 3pt% was around 21% (ave. 10-15 3pt att.) ant the FT% was 60% (ave. 20-25 Ft att.) Like the game forces you to shoot bad. When it's all said & done, whoever wins the rebounding battle, at the charity stripe & has less turnovers will come out the victor.

In my opinion all that is based on the team your using except for the turnovers which is mostly human error. But it seems more teams are handicapped this year than before. I don't think you can pick up any team, use your BBall IQ & skill set in the game and get a win.
Finally! Somebody gets it. it's like you can't control your own fate no more in 2K. Like I said before the 2K GODS control weather you make or miss a open shot. Because skills will not win you games like it use to smh.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Thanks for liking my vids ^_^ The HOF SIM gameplay video vs OKC I posted is post patch so don't worry, check that out the tips apply^_^ I am 8-0 post patch ? I agree shooting is harder for SURE but USER on ball defense got a lot better too, I have been making it up on defense. I held LAC and LAL both under 85.
All you playing on sim without silder tweaks?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimp14
The one thing I would suggest is turn the players Consistency to 51. You still might have to turn midrange and threes to 48 for both yourself and the CPU . Trust me you still want make every open shot but you will make a few.
It's not even the consistency it's like 2K choose weather you get perfect release or not. It's like skill won't determine weather your shot go in or not post patch.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
The game is atrocious after the 3rd patch. If you ever played online you know what i mean...it's horrible when it comes to shooting. It's so difficult that even if you're wide open...you still missed. The game is supposed to be fun....me and this dude keep going back and forth couldn't make a shot at all....why the hell they make it hard to shoot and score points now. I know my timing with Curry and Thompson and if i time the release correctly...i should be rewarded with points. And timing IS A SKILL!! The fact that i have to fight constantly and 2nd guess myself what is the correct release point every time i take shot tells me this game has flaw. The game is SUPPOSED TO BE FUN after all, it is a video game. Because of this, sometimes i just quit playing the damm game.
I feel your pain my dude. All I do is win, lose, win, lose and if 2K let me I get 2 wins in a row smh.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #21
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboogie
All you playing on sim without silder tweaks?
Playing on simulation sliders; I will post my gameplay in a few hours when I get home ^^ is exactly what you are worried about clutch situation can't make a open shot CPU makes everything. I overcame by calling smart timeouts (which lead to my open 3pt shots going in right after the timeout, I got video proof of this too) and running my go to offensive sets ~

Hang in there bud, we trailblazers users gotta look out for each other. One last tip if you are getting killed by one guy from the opposing team double him and get the ball out of his hands. And if you have fouls to give just hit him hard or intentional foul him; get his shot fatigue up lol

*shots going down is luck of the draw at times but you can always defend hard and make them miss ^_^

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 12-18-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Playing on simulation sliders; I will post my gameplay in a few hours when I get home ^^ is exactly what you are worried about clutch situation can't make a open shot CPU makes everything. I overcame by calling smart timeouts (which lead to my open 3pt shots going in right after the timeout, I got video proof of this too) and running my go to offensive sets ~

Hang in there bud, we trailblazers users gotta look out for each other. One last tip if you are getting killed by one guy from the opposing team double him and get the ball out of his hands. And if you have fouls to give just hit him hard or intentional foul him; get his shot fatigue up lol

*shots going down is luck of the draw at times but you can always defend hard and make them miss ^_^
Brah you never felt that rubber band effect if you up like 10 2K will have you missing shots that got you the 10 pt lead. Have you ever shot 38% and the cpu shot like 75% in a quarter. Then literally next quarter the cpu start missing everything and you hitting all of your shots till the lead is close again and then start back bricking again. I am not crazy lol 2K have a f up system I can tell all the time. If you wanna make jumpers and make layup get down by 10 I gurantee you, you will make everything perfect release or not it will go in. I hear you brah. But 2K seem like they have control of our fate. Playing the time out game may tone it down some but the fact that you have to do that to beat the system is crazy to me.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 4

I'm having issues downlow with my bigs. Using Pistons with my league and Drummand is useless when he can't take the ball back up or shoot free throws.

Sorry to high jack but any tips for non shooting bigs.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:03 AM   #24
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zboogie
First I want to say I been a huge fan of 2K since the Ben Wallace days NBA 2K5. Ok I got that out the way lol. But this 3rd patch, I mean really I can't even hit open shots no more, I can't tell you how many games I lost on myGM and how many buzzers beaters I brick. Please don't say practice, practice, practice. I done that, I play with the blazers my 3pt shooting % with them drop big time.

I rather get out rebound and having the cpu go straight back up, then missing wide open uncontested shots. I play on HOF I never struggle this bad. I'll give you a example I win a game and I lose a game, I win 2 games in a row then I lose again. That right there ladies and gents is my consistent pattern usually I lose those games by missing wide open jump shot at key moments.

I guess the reason why I am so mad, because I never play 2K like it's a video game. I always play 2K like it's real life meaning, I make smart plays, I run plays and now I barely get rewarded for that. It's like 2K force me to cheese all day by driving to the paint with Damian Lillard and draw shooting fouls at key moments just to stay afloat in close games.

Because I am pretty sure everybody know now that taking wide open jump shots since the patch, will not lead you to the promising land. I guarantee you will lose games once the big moment hit and you need that game changing shot. I wanna hear other people thoughts on this, because I wanna know is anybody else getting frustrated with this 3rd patch.

Please don't recommend me switching back to superstar or allstar. I know I am good at 2K I know how to accept L's it's all apart of the game. But I can't take getting cheated by missing wide open shots not all the time but majority the time especially in clutch situation it drive me crazy. By the way my record is 19-11 with the blazers ugh.
This has been happening to me on my SG since the patch came out. I can not win a game on HOF with him and he miss wide open shots even though he has 87 in shooting. On the Park/Rec it is terrible shooting with him. I'm not the guy to chuck on offense but when I'm wide open Ima take the shot, but now it just miss after miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »