Home

2k15 Freezing on PS4

This is a discussion on 2k15 Freezing on PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k15 Freezing on PS4

Don't have to unplug the ps4 when it freezes...hold down the power button for like 20-25 seconds and it will shut down. I've had this issue happen to me twice tonight aggravating cause it's the same type of freeze it use to do on the roster editing and it just started with this new 2ktv episode.

Last edited by gremdog8; 12-19-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #10
Just started!

I used gain access to the lineup by Nba Currently as soon as merely about to settings.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #11
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
Don't have to unplug the ps4 when it freezes...hold down the power button for like 20-25 seconds and it will shut down. I've had this issue happen to me twice tonight aggravating cause it's the same type of freeze it use to do on the roster editing and it just started with this new 2ktv episode.
Thanks, I'll know to try that next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

I've noticed that for me it's on the first time I try to open up the game or exit a game mode.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

In the last hour the game froze my PS4 four times.
First when I've downloaded the Patch and it wouldn't install. Then when I tried to delete the game to install again. After that it magically worked after rebooting but the first time I've entered the main menu and the 2kTV video started it froze again. Now I finally tried to start a quick game and decided to check the Rosters via NBA Today it froze again.

I'm so mad right now and don't feel like letting 2k destroy my PS4 so I decided to not try again tonight.

Last edited by BenBobOmb; 12-20-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

Yep, 2K15 has frozen my PS4 numerous times, both pre- and post-patch, although it's been much more prevalent since the last patch. It really sucks too because it won't let you close the app or even manually shut down the PS4. Have to unplug it every time, and that can't be good for the system.

2K is the only game I've experienced that does this to the PS4. 2K is also the only game I know of that rolls out a patch over the course of two weeks. Not gonna lie, this game has been annoying the hell out of me lately with all these issues. The complete lack of any helpful communication from 2K is just the cherry on top.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan Frank
Yep, 2K15 has frozen my PS4 numerous times, both pre- and post-patch, although it's been much more prevalent since the last patch. It really sucks too because it won't let you close the app or even manually shut down the PS4. Have to unplug it every time, and that can't be good for the system.

2K is the only game I've experienced that does this to the PS4. 2K is also the only game I know of that rolls out a patch over the course of two weeks. Not gonna lie, this game has been annoying the hell out of me lately with all these issues. The complete lack of any helpful communication from 2K is just the cherry on top.
Yup I had to do that twice but only since that new 2KTV video came out my game started freezing around the main menu. From my experience, it only happens when you are exiting and going back to the main menu. I've played for hours in MyLeague and haven't had any freeze issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #16
*ld Sch**l *S'*r

Trax's Arena

OVR: 6

Frozen on me three times -- last time the pop-up screen froze showing the Austin and Christmas Jersey Update...

Thanks to the post for how to shut down!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »