Home

2k15 Freezing on PS4

This is a discussion on 2k15 Freezing on PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
2k15 Freezing on PS4

Having a new problem where if I let the game sit too long on the intro screen (where you can choose modes) with the NBA 2kTV video running, the game freezes. This is new, has happened twice in the previous 3 days, but had no problems previously.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k15 Freezing on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Having a new problem where if I let the game sit too long on the intro screen (where you can choose modes) with the NBA 2kTV video running, the game freezes. This is new, has happened twice in the previous 3 days, but had no problems previously.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yeah, it must be for a lot of people. I've never had my PS4 freeze on anything until today while i exited an NBA today game and tried to go over to the slider settings. I actually couldn't even shut down my PS4. I had to unplug it and start it up again. Then within 10 minutes, it froze again while heading back to the main screen. Either it's that new 2K video or some sort of bug with one of the updates they provide.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Had mine freeze a couple nights ago trying to go into mycareer mode (ps4). Never happened before. I couldn't even power it down using the button or eject the disc. I had to unplug it. That better not happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Had mine freeze a couple nights ago trying to go into mycareer mode (ps4). Never happened before. I couldn't even power it down using the button or eject the disc. I had to unplug it. That better not happen again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. I had to do that twice. Scary.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm having the same issues too. Once when I tried to access the roster from NBA Today and once just going to settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

I'm not sure if it's in the actual game modes themselves but everything seems fine once you're in MyLeague. Just as long as you don't go back to the main menu.

EDIT: It seems once you're in the game mode there is no freezing. Haven't had any issues with MyLeague.

Last edited by JRxPHANTOM; 12-19-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I've had variations of this problem in spades.. It's happened pre- and post-patch though. Almost anytime I try to go from the Jordan Rec Center to the Park it will freeze and I won't be able to close the application or even turn off my PS4. I've had it freeze on COUNTLESS times in the park in general (post-patch), but in that scenario I can just close the application. I've had some other miscellaneous freezes in MyCareer but I can't remember the specifics.

All told though, I've probably had to unplug my PS4 like 5 times due to 2K freezing on me and not allowing the system to power off. Hopefully I haven't done any permanent damage, I just bought this dang thing like 3 months ago..
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 12-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Thank you for the confirmation guys. I've had no problems within a mode, only the main screen. Guess I'll just have to ignore Rachel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »