Home

MyPark Factions Imbalanced Now. Flyers will never lose

This is a discussion on MyPark Factions Imbalanced Now. Flyers will never lose within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPark Factions Imbalanced Now. Flyers will never lose

Flyers will most likely never lose a Rival Day.

When the patch came they:

- Improved defense ( flyers get a boost in defense)
- reduced shooting( ballers aren't as good )
- reduced dunking ( rough riders aren't as good)

As you can clearly see if you play the game Flyers are destroying every week now and it isn't because they're better than everyone.

As a rough rider I know we will lose every week now.

I can barely dunk on anyone and most of them bounce out If I attempt to.

Before anyone says I'm terrible I have a 70% win rate and a legend as well.

I'm not saying nerf flyers, but nerf flyers. I don't even notice ANY boosts on ballers or rough riders . The boost flyers get is game changing now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Re: MyPark Factions Imbalanced Now. Flyers will never lose

I agree it's ridiculous. It's so bad a bunch of Baller legends on my friends list have even switched. They said its bull**** now and that mostly all their teammates are unmatched and it isn't a fair playing field anymore.

I noticed it before even hearing about it from them when I looked at the standings and Flyers post patch just smoked everybody by a bunch.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

They need to make it simple math.

If the Flyers have 30,000 make their wins count 1/3 as much as the Rough Riders wins if we only have 10,000.
(Obviously those aren't the right numbers but I don't have them in front of me lol)

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Been telling yall flyers is overpowered
Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I think "nerfing" the Flyers is jumping the gun a little bit. I mean, if you break it down a different way it's not nearly as bad:

- The flyers get a playmaking and defense boost; playmaking boost? absolutely worthless, everyone has basically the same playmaking abilities; defense boost? maybe a slight steal and block success rate before the patch, but nothing too crazy. After the patch, everyone's defensive abilities were increased, and defensive reaction was greatly improved (greatly IMO). The only thing is that since the Flyers already had a defensive boost, the patch made their defense a little better but only for the players who know how to play good defense. I've seen Ballers and Rough Riders who are ruthless defenders (pre- and post-patch). The patch boost was for everyone, and although it might have been to more of the Flyers benefit, it wasn't specific, it was just meant to make playing defense in general, easier. The Flyers are an easy target though..

- So the Flyers have basically one boost, and that's defense. The Ballers still have shooting (the best in my opinion), and Riders still have the rebounding and athleticism (the second best). Posterizing may have been nerfed but it's still possible, and even still common. The Ballers are still out there draining everything within the half court line too.

- Considering a ton of people will disagree with everything I've said, I'll add this. Even if the Flyers are overpowering now, they've basically been at a major disadvantage (in terms of boosts only), for a majority of the Rival Championship. That's why the Ballers were ahead by god knows how many points during the middle rounds, and everyone was switching to the Ballers (almost including myself).

- But my bottom line is that it's still (and probably more so after the patch) more important to play smart basketball, make good passes (yes, assists win games), and play tough defense (which requires the user to actually play well, attributes or boosts mean nothing otherwise). And as someone once said, the boosts really aren't very impacting, the most important things are your player's actual attributes and how you play the game.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

Last edited by ItsJustaGame; 12-21-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMG007
Flyers will most likely never lose a Rival Day.

When the patch came they:

- Improved defense ( flyers get a boost in defense)
- reduced shooting( ballers aren't as good )
- reduced dunking ( rough riders aren't as good)

As you can clearly see if you play the game Flyers are destroying every week now and it isn't because they're better than everyone.

As a rough rider I know we will lose every week now.

I can barely dunk on anyone and most of them bounce out If I attempt to.

Before anyone says I'm terrible I have a 70% win rate and a legend as well.

I'm not saying nerf flyers, but nerf flyers. I don't even notice ANY boosts on ballers or rough riders . The boost flyers get is game changing now.
Ummmm.... What's wrong with shooting jumpers?
Old 12-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
I think "nerfing" the Flyers is jumping the gun a little bit. I mean, if you break it down a different way it's not nearly as bad:

- The flyers get a playmaking and defense boost; playmaking boost? absolutely worthless, everyone has basically the same playmaking abilities; defense boost? maybe a slight steal and block success rate before the patch, but nothing too crazy. After the patch, everyone's defensive abilities were increased, and defensive reaction was greatly improved (greatly IMO). The only thing is that since the Flyers already had a defensive boost, the patch made their defense a little better but only for the players who know how to play good defense. I've seen Ballers and Rough Riders who are ruthless defenders (pre- and post-patch). The patch boost was for everyone, and although it might have been to more of the Flyers benefit, it wasn't specific, it was just meant to make playing defense in general, easier. The Flyers are an easy target though..

- So the Flyers have basically one boost, and that's defense. The Ballers still have shooting (the best in my opinion), and Riders still have the rebounding and athleticism (the second best). Posterizing may have been nerfed but it's still possible, and even still common. The Ballers are still out there draining everything within the half court line too.

- Considering a ton of people will disagree with everything I've said, I'll add this. Even if the Flyers are overpowering now, they've basically been at a major disadvantage (in terms of boosts only), for a majority of the Rival Championship. That's why the Ballers were ahead by god knows how many points during the middle rounds, and everyone was switching to the Ballers (almost including myself).

- But my bottom line is that it's still (and probably more so after the patch) more important to play smart basketball, make good passes (yes, assists win games), and play tough defense (which requires the user to actually play well, attributes or boosts mean nothing otherwise). And as someone once said, the boosts really aren't very impacting, the most important things are your player's actual attributes and how you play the game.

Yeh but now everybody switching to flyers, for obvious reasons
Old 12-21-2014, 03:16 AM   #8
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Honestly I don't see the effect on defense that much, I'm a flyer ( have been for months now.) I still have Ballers that drain 3's from anywhere on the court.

It's just most affiliations live and die by their boosts it's almost ridiculous.
Ballers tend to shoot the three every time and once we stop it they have no clue what to do.
Rough Riders drive nearly every time and once that gets stopped most don't have a second option other than chucking a contested 3.

I feel like we are the only affiliation that has an "all-around" game because we have no choice.
We have no "offensive" boost other than play-making which honestly has no effect.

Also in accordance to the title "MyPark Factions" have never been balanced. When the game first came out Ballers ran the parks. There was no stopping them it wasn't until a few weeks before the patch that we finally figured how to take away their three.

All the patch did was make it a bit more easy to guard you guys but we figured out how to stop most of the Ballers before the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »