Home

Not Gonna Lie I'm Kinda Sick of Seeing This (Bring back 2K11 Shot Blocking)

This is a discussion on Not Gonna Lie I'm Kinda Sick of Seeing This (Bring back 2K11 Shot Blocking) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Not Gonna Lie I'm Kinda Sick of Seeing This (Bring back 2K11 Shot Blocking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I agree with you.

I would say bring back 2k14's shot blocking though (of course lowering the effectiveness of smaller guards)

It was absolutely perfect in regards to timing IMO. If you combine the improved physicality with proper shot blocking defense would be that much more incredible. Mike said making the ball 'untouchable' in some of these situations this year was deliberate. I would love to know the reasoning behind it.

THIS....idk how they made defense worse then last years
Old 12-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...92883154210629

Saw this happen last night and couldn't believe it. I fully expected Parker to just push Ezeli back, or just have the ball go through his hand. This was beautiful to see.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...92883154210629

Saw this happen last night and couldn't believe it. I fully expected Parker to just push Ezeli back, or just have the ball go through his hand. This was beautiful to see.
:O Please tell me your settings right now. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Are you guys seeing this on steals too? Or just blocks
I'm seeing it on both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
:O Please tell me your settings right now. :P

I'm seeing it on both.
No lie man, I'm literally just playing on All-Star default with default 2K rosters. Ever since the patch dropped Iv'e been getting very realistic playing games. Defense as a whole is much improved.

I'm seeing a ton more powerful blocks where balls go flying, and a lot of recovery blocks from longer, superior defenders.

Shot disruption in the paint is great now, which tones down the high FG% pre-patch, and also cuts the CPU PIP down a ton when coupled with the increased fouls and 3 PT attempts by the CPU

Last edited by Gosens6; 12-22-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Not Gonna Lie I'm Kinda Sick of Seeing This (Bring back 2K11 Shot Blocking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
No lie man, I'm literally just playing on All-Star default with default 2K rosters. Ever since the patch dropped Iv'e been getting very realistic playing games. Defense as a whole is much improved.

I'm seeing a ton more powerful blocks where balls go flying, and a lot of recovery blocks from longer, superior defenders.

Shot disruption in the paint is great now, which tones down the high FG% pre-patch, and also cuts the CPU PIP down a ton when coupled with the increased fouls and 3 PT attempts by the CPU

This is a big part of it.

Something about the simulation setting nerfs blocks a great deal. You'll see a lot more of these on the default setting. I find myself playing on default a lot more lately because of this and a lot of other factors. Agreed on paint protection as well Gosens.

Still feels like they've taken a step back in blocking overall though, it was by far one of my favorite things last year...
Old 12-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:

Something about the simulation setting nerfs blocks a great deal. You'll see a lot more of these on the default setting. I find myself playing on default a lot more lately because of this and a lot of other factors. Agreed on paint protection as well Gosens.

Still feels like they've taken a step back in blocking overall though, it was by far one of my favorite things last year...
I think I've gotten too much into slideritus and should revert some of my settings back. Thanks guys.

P.S. Shout out to the lame who gave the thread 1 star as if it's not a real problem.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

you guys convinced me to try default. I do get probably 2-3 blocks a game and really focus on it, but usually only one of them makes sense physically and the ball goes flying, but most are anti-climactic piddles.

Plus, moving to default might actually get me to be able to perform a putback dunk for the first time in this game, which just dawned on me because of your comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
you guys convinced me to try default. I do get probably 2-3 blocks a game and really focus on it, but usually only one of them makes sense physically and the ball goes flying, but most are anti-climactic piddles.

Plus, moving to default might actually get me to be able to perform a putback dunk for the first time in this game, which just dawned on me because of your comments.
I've been trying to tell a few peeps around here that after the patch, 2K roster and SIM (or Default, judging by experience on this thread) plays a VERY realistic game of ball. I think some of us have gotten so use to sliders and tweaking that we don't even try it prior to adjusting!

First thing I did when patch released was download must up to date roster and go to normal settings to see what 2K has done. Lets remember, 2K is not making tweaks off of CDK roster or Timsmooth or Average Joe's sliders... they do it all from their base.

I encourage all to try at least one game with default roster with SIM or default settings after the patch and this is coming from an avid CDK roster user.

Also, just to chime in on the current subject at hand. . . I have ZERO problems with blocking this year. I like that they made it harder this year; there were way too many Steve Nash chasedown blocks last year. All you needed was to time it perfectly and no matter, who it was you became Dikembe. Big exploit last year especially on fastbreak. I average about 6/game and think it was around 9-11/game on 2K14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »