Home

Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

This is a discussion on Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Good Defense in NBA 2K15 is as Important as Good Offense

Defense is easier to play with that slider adjustment that was in the Patch. I also slide the Def. Assistant slider to 0. Could be a placebo effect, but I fell I have complete control of my player & there is less sliding.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:30 AM   #50
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

I think I've done it!!! After years of not knowing/being able to play D, I've used this thread (and many other tutorials) and can no play defense. Really concentrated using the Cavs lately (no LeBron), and had to focus on getting stops rather than trying to outscore my opponent.

My Tips:

Use 'turbo' sparingly'
Use 'intense D' sparingly
Flick the left stick when moving
Push your man into the defense (usually the lane)
Don't try to steal the ball often (if your defense is strong enough, turnovers will happen).
Don't try to block every shot (you'll foul too often; use the intense D to contest and only go for blocks occasionally)

BTW, can anyone provide tips on defending the PNR. Right now I either 'slip' before it arrives (effective if I guess right), or let the controls go so the animation plays out, but I still feel that I'm getting beat too often.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #51
Banned

I like these tips. I reach I lot because I can't seem to get lane steals . My guy always reacts weirdly like he catches the it doesn't , or I get tipped pass and it goes right to the offense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #52
Rookie

Defense isn't really hard in this game it just isn't really rewarded. I like to play user defense as well as grab by own boards and I consistently lock down my opposition but probably one out of three or two times the game will reward them with fouls for some reason. Or as said before I tip the ball and it goes right back to the offense. When the opponent is losing in this game for some reason they get free throws or the computer will read your mind and intercept passes darn near before you make it lol. In all I do like the defense but I don't feel it is rewarded even close to enough. Just like when you sometiems are in perfect position to get a rebound but it tips off your fingers and goes to the opponent...
Old 01-12-2015, 08:08 PM   #53
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfgzdg
I like these tips. I reach I lot because I can't seem to get lane steals . My guy always reacts weirdly like he catches the it doesn't , or I get tipped pass and it goes right to the offense
I would use it sparingly because it is a low % success rate and will put you out of position at a disadvantage left for your teammates to cover your butt.

A few things I do

1. I send everyone baseline. I try not to give up anything to the middle of the floor. But again, I player lock EVERY CPU game I play.

2. Vs. PnR If a player is an offensive threat, I give a hard hedge, if they aren't soft hedge. Really simple.

3. If there is a legit post offensive threat, I front him and double team him ON THE CATCH. Can't give up easy post buckets.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #54
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

SMOTHER above-average shooters that can't put the ball on the floor. Make them pick it up. SMOTHER as in On-Ball pressure settings
Old 01-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Success on defense is based on the score of the game and the quality of your opponent. Merit and skill is secondary. Playing MyGM, you're capable of playing the same style 82 games in a row. You think the game is gonna allow you to go 82-0 on a high difficulty? Even if you're playing with the highest rated defensive players in the game. In order to enjoy playing sports video games, you have to be ok with the fact that sometimes your input is irrelevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »