Home

Is 2K basketball an amazing improvement on PS4?

This is a discussion on Is 2K basketball an amazing improvement on PS4? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #9
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is 2K basketball an amazing improvement on PS4?

Overall the game is a fun game to play and if your like most 2k fans, you will put 60-100 hours into the game. I mainly play MyCareer, MyPark/Rec so what I'm about to say pertains to that. The only problem I have is that my teammates are still not fixed and play even worse after the patch. So this forces me to put up MVP like stats in my first season.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rows24
Well give me some facts because to prove otherwise because I have stated mine and there are other posts that directly state other gameplay issues that make the game impossible to play for those of us who have known the 2K series
Im not saying there arent some issues. There are.

But the game is not broken. Broken implies the most fundamental features of the game don't work or the gameplay offers no redeeming features.

Don't use the phrase 'impossible to play'. That is not true.

There are some aspects of the gameplay you do not like. That is not broken.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #11
Rookie

I would say broken, take away a the other features and I'm talking about 5 on 5 NBA team basketball simulation, the gameplay is bad. That's the core of the game a representation of NBA basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #12
glp
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well.....there is serious adjusting that needs to happen in the PS3 version as well.

What I like to do is play in Pro and then dummy down all of the sliders. It takes a while to get it right....but, I can't play on All Pro or better.....

I think I may have it right since I can't seem to get my Pistons to win anything....sigh. But yes, I usually do want to win...I just want it to seem realistic with my team making baskets with the same consistency as the opponent....

I can't decide. I work midnights and the only time I use the game is Saturday and Sunday Night as I'm up alone in the middle of the night. Sigh
Old 12-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #13
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rows24
I would say broken, take away a the other features and I'm talking about 5 on 5 NBA team basketball simulation, the gameplay is bad. That's the core of the game a representation of NBA basketball.
You'd be in the vast minority of posters then.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:29 AM   #14
Rookie

I made the jump this year. I'm an offline play guy only, I play the MyFranchise only as well. It's the experience I enjoy. Since the patch and with correct sliders I'm enjoying the experience. I notice teams play a little closer to true life. Griz will punish you down low in the paint. Clips / Warriors will run you. Spurs control temp and seem to work the ball for the efficient shot.

I play as the T'wolves, wanted a challenge with a weaker team with some talent. I just restarted my franchise over after 25 games in. 3 games in now I'm 1-2. Memphis and Chicago too much for me though I hung around. Took care of Detroit for my only win.

The one note I would say is learn the defensive controls. If you can't play defense on your man you'll get extremely frustrated. I usually try to guard the other teams point. I think it's the best challenge. Learning the controls as a big man is much easier.

If you are an offline franchise guy, I think it's worth the move if you have the funds with no frills to spend it.

Though I will say next year I will not purchase until Xmas. With the errors in this game release it was not enjoyable until a few days ago. Plus it was on Amazon for $25. Could've saved some money too.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
Rookie

I agree that the game can irk you and make you want throw your controller... I like the game a lot, but like a lot of people have said, the animations are what takes away from this game. They are slow and you can't come out of them, some don't make sense in certain situations. CPU Al is always one step ahead of you, they get every lose ball every tipped ball, your Al players seem way dummed down compared to the computer Al..

I feel like if there's a loose ball or something, my Al players should be just as alert as the CPU Al.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 02:29 AM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Games like FIFA, NHL and Madden (Hmmm, what do these have in common) all much worse CPU cheating than 2K.

Much worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »