Home

I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD MY CAREER GUIDE!

This is a discussion on I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD MY CAREER GUIDE! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD MY CAREER GUIDE!

Any ones that people could pass along would be helpful. THANKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I'M LOOKING FOR A GOOD MY CAREER GUIDE!

My best piece of advice: Just don't play MyCareer. It's a recipe for disaster, and 2K refuses to fix it.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
My best piece of advice: Just don't play MyCareer. It's a recipe for disaster, and 2K refuses to fix it.
That is a matter of opinion my friend. Mycareer is all that I play and I play for many hours during the week. Is it the greatest thing? No. But I get many hours of enjoyment (with a few moments of frustration sprinkled in).

Anyway, to the op, I don't think there is a guide for it, it's mainly something that you have to play and experiment with to figure out how to make it fun for you. Do you have any basketball experience? Do you watch the NBA on a regular basis?

I would say start by looking at the rosters of teams to get an idea of who you would want to play for, and who has the best teammates for the position you want to play.

Zero in on a couple of teams and try to make the squad at the tryouts. For best results try not to sim any games, as you only develop badges from games played.

Run plays unless you're a better freestyle person. Suck it up for that first season, learn how to play the game and then hopefully when you reach free agency at the end of your first year, you can go to who you want, as hopefully that team will show interest in signing you.

Ultimately just remember that it's a game and try to have as much fun as you can with it. Reading through the mycareer thread on here can help you as well.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

1. Make your player in create a player
2. Put him on the team you want
3. Start a MyLeague with the team (get sliders from the slider forum section)
4. Use player lock to select the position of your player
5. Play

You just avoided 90% of the problems MyCareer has and basically get the same experience.

Alternatively, if you really have to play MyCareer, select a team with a great pick & roll big man and great rebounding. Play as a point guard on a team with a great playbook you know all the plays for. A bad playbook means you'll lose most of the time.

Get ready for the opponent to put most of their impossible shots in while your 3pt sharpshooters miss most of their wide open shots. Also get ready for your bigs to miss their wide open layups and hammer the pass button every time they get an offensive rebound only for them to ignore you and miss the layup.

Don't expect your teammates to defend at all, especially on the fast break, help their teammates on drives or when off-ball stay anywhere close to their man on the perimeter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »