Home

What happened to Kevin Durant!? He's USELESS!!

This is a discussion on What happened to Kevin Durant!? He's USELESS!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #17
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to Kevin Durant!? He's USELESS!!

Custom sig shots + Custom sliders. KD dropped 43 on me in 3 quarters...
Old 01-02-2015, 08:38 AM   #18
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
It's something with the 2k engine. The game will no longer let you dominate in one aspect of the game. You have to have a well rounded offense. Even if your player's strength is on the perimeter or in the post, you have to be balanced. I played many games when Beal is on fire from the arc, only to go cold in the 2nd half if I keep him on the arc. I've attacked the paint with Wall till the point, he misses layups & dunks. When they start off hot, you can manage the game. But, if they start of cold, it's a wrap. Might as well hang it up & sub him out, look for that new spark plug. I've never got a guy to heat up, after going like 1/8. Using timeouts and subbing him for minute or two doesn't seem to work like in 2k14. And if you ever hear the 2K commentators say something about his shooting in a bad way, bench him he's useless.
yeah, i love that about the game this year. you can't force too much of one thing. you have to mix up your attack. if you keep using one player too much or one strategy too much, that player or strategy will become ineffective and you have to try something else. the game forces you to use variety (inside, outside, different players, etc.). the game forces you to pay attention to what is working and adjust. if a certain player is missing his shots, you have to stop going to him and run plays for other players.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #19
Rookie

dabeavs541's Arena

OVR: 5

I dropped 35 with KD the first time I ran with the thunder. You have to realize that you can't just chuck up anything. When I started taking my time I made a ton of shots. Try shooting some mid range shots first. Don't just start firing away from 3, especially not contested 3s. When KD gets hot, he will hit damn near everything.
Ohhhhh Sssss Uuuuu Oregon State Fight Fight Fight!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
His jumper is glitched from 3. Change his base to Jump shot 22. You can't just Chuck with players you have to run an offense balance inside and outside. If you notice the shot is off attack the paint. I have also played against the cpu where he was off from outside SS SIM. I am starting to think they may have reduced shot success just slightly. I have used Okc and killed with Durant and Westbrook.
Don't change his shot base. It is not glitched. It is user error, if anything. 2K nailed KD this year. CPU or Human controlled, I'd say he averages 30~/game on me with Superstar/SIM 2K rosters.

Fundamentally speaking, most problems with this game can be remedied by a better understanding of basketball.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:22 AM   #21
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Don't change his shot base. It is not glitched. It is user error, if anything. 2K nailed KD this year. CPU or Human controlled, I'd say he averages 30~/game on me with Superstar/SIM 2K rosters.

Fundamentally speaking, most problems with this game can be remedied by a better understanding of basketball.
Out of the box 50 gamespeed his 3pt shot is glitched. You can not get a green release this not even worth debating. Can you score with him on SS sim yeah but you are not getting the full KD experience if you play with shot stick timing and that game speed . We have went through this already. I play on the speed the game came with and it is plenty fast for me, I have not touched a single slider. I get realistic stats and shots. I can't believe you are still debating this. Thelse glitched shots are not human error.

Now what the thread starter experienced sounds like forcing shots when KD was off. Like I said before you have to be balanced and players can have an off night. I have held Klay and Curry to similar horrible shooting not at the same time though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Out of the box 50 gamespeed his 3pt shot is glitched. You can not get a green release this not even worth debating. Can you score with him on SS sim yeah but you are not getting the full KD experience if you play with shot stick timing and that game speed . We have went through this already. I play on the speed the game came with and it is plenty fast for me, I have not touched a single slider. I get realistic stats and shots. I can't believe you are still debating this. Thelse glitched shots are not human error.

Now what the thread starter experienced sounds like forcing shots when KD was off. Like I said before you have to be balanced and players can have an off night. I have held Klay and Curry to similar horrible shooting not at the same time though
I'm not debating it, I'm refuting it. I play on the same settings as you. Never been a slider guy. It's really nothing personal but spreading inaccurate information as fact around here is detrimental..

Nevertheless, I do agree with you. I think some watch ESPN highlights of KD pulling up for 3 damn near half court with less than two minutes left/game in an effortless fashion.

It may sound crazy but you need to find a rhythm prior to jacking. Get a fastbreak bucket, few free throws, mid-range screen shot, ect. AND then incorporate pull up three's or whatever difficult shot you have in mind (This goes for anyone in game, not just KD) after you've established a rhythm.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #23
Rookie

jjggf's Arena

Kevin Durant is hot and cold for me. One game he will make every shot I try. Step backs, fade away, 3s in somebody's face. Then the next game he will brick all his shots like he is Smush Parker. It's bizarre to me
Old 01-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #24
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I'm not debating it, I'm refuting it. I play on the same settings as you. Never been a slider guy. It's really nothing personal but spreading inaccurate information as fact around here is detrimental..
Whatever I said was wrong why don't you prove it? Twitch it turn your game speed to 50 and show me what you are doing man? I am not a complainer I call it how I see it shot releases are not rocket science. I practice plays and practice releases before I even decide to use teams. So I don't come on here complaining I also use multiple teams.
Twitch these and let me know shoot a standing shot 50 game speed shot stick timing and 2k rosters
· James Harden glitched from 3 SS and HOF one of the NBA’s top scorers and volume shooter
· KD glitched from 3pt the NBA’s best scorer and a very good 3pt shooter SS and HOF
· Carmelo Anthony is glitched from 3pt another volume scorer but he shoots an above average % SS HOF
None of these dudes have a complex release they are easy to hit green releases from midrange but once you go to 3’s is where the problem is noticed. You already admitted that this was a problem and had to edit your posts before with Korver so I don’t know what you are trying to prove. If you think Korver is the only player with an issue you are wrong. If you think 2K designed the game to behave like this I think you are wrong again. There is no rhyme or reason there 70 rated shooters glitched and 90+ 3pt shooters glitched

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »