Home

My Park Desperately needs matchmaking

This is a discussion on My Park Desperately needs matchmaking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: My Park Desperately needs matchmaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Now I'm just putting two and two together but it seems like these rivals days increase all that and I could care less about the rivals in general..I just wanna play basketball
This!

But in my experience it's not just Rival Days, it's the amount of players in the Park in general. Sometimes when I'm in a "new" Park with just a few guys playing/hanging there everything works fine, the gameplay without lag, the Got Next Spots and the time to get a game started, everything is smooth and fast. But then come more players and every court is in action it lags and takes forever.

I really like the arcadish Park setting with fancy passing, dunks and alley-oops but I hate the time I'm wasting while (not) playing. Matchmaking and instant games would be much less frustrating.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #10
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

I like how it currently is, you CAN SEE what you're going up against. In a game where size is an advantage blind match-making would impair your ability to match-up vs teams.

Now Our normal Squad has good size, but in the event we can't play together and we're guard or wing heavy, I don't want to face a team with a 7' SF, and a 7'3 C.

The park isn't perfect so I'd say have both, one for quick access, and the other for the experience of the park, sig walks, clothing, etc.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 01-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I like how it currently is, you CAN SEE what you're going up against. In a game where size is an advantage blind match-making would impair your ability to match-up vs teams.

Now Our normal Squad has good size, but in the event we can't play together and we're guard or wing heavy, I don't want to face a team with a 7' SF, and a 7'3 C.

The park isn't perfect so I'd say have both, one for quick access, and the other for the experience of the park, sig walks, clothing, etc.

So you would rather run around the courts looking for opponent more to you size? Lol I'm sorry man but that's just sounds to me like a "Loser" mentality. This is another reason you got winners from the previous game waiting like 5-10 mins for the second game in the park while there is 10 people running around in the park trying to "match up", whether by size or by park status (all star, legend etc). I really don't understand this whole "ducking" thing just because they have a big guy or 2. Yes I agree it's definitely better to have at least 1 big man but I still enjoy the challenge of playing with 3 pgs and beating the 3 Legend 7ft small forwards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #12
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
You're going to get some guys that will disagree with you and make absolutely baseless and illogical arguments, but I completely agree. I don't even care about the specifics, it would just be so much easier if there were a matchmaking system and players could be matched quickly. It would be really awesome if I could side-step all the waiting time between getting into a spot and leaving a spot, considering both of those rudimentary tasks have been monumentally difficult in the past week.
I'm not going to lie back in 2k14 I used to be one of the people who would say that "got next" is a realistic feature and should stay in the game. Yep I was a idiot.

I recently bought nba 2k15 for the ps3 to play with some friends who haven't made the transition to ps4 yet. Match making in 2k15ps3 crew mode is amazing we are in a game in about 2minutes max. meanwhile on ps4 you'll be sitting on a "got next" spot

NBA2k16 seriously has to remove the got next feature.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Papesowish's Arena

OVR: 1

I think another flawed issue with myPark is that people can see everybody else's rep ranking. I have a friend who just got the game so he has the small crown, the rookie tier, and it takes forever for him to run a game. He'll be on got next and people of higher ranked tiers will approach looking for a game and once they notice he's a rookie, they'll go to another court. Also, if he approaches some other players who are already on got next, they'll jump off because they don't wanna ball with a "rookie". I didn't realize how frustrating this must be because I've had the game since release so I've been on everyone's level since then. Problem is for people who just got the game and start with a rookie crown, they can pretty much only play with other rookies. Even other rookies don't want to play with their own rep tier sometimes smh...

They should just get rid of the crowns underneath the players. Make it where if you wanna see someone's rep, you need to open the player list and look at their profile. Also, the crowns everywhere on a busy park looks ugly.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papesowish
I think another flawed issue with myPark is that people can see everybody else's rep ranking. I have a friend who just got the game so he has the small crown, the rookie tier, and it takes forever for him to run a game. He'll be on got next and people of higher ranked tiers will approach looking for a game and once they notice he's a rookie, they'll go to another court. Also, if he approaches some other players who are already on got next, they'll jump off because they don't wanna ball with a "rookie". I didn't realize how frustrating this must be because I've had the game since release so I've been on everyone's level since then. Problem is for people who just got the game and start with a rookie crown, they can pretty much only play with other rookies. Even other rookies don't want to play with their own rep tier sometimes smh...

They should just get rid of the crowns underneath the players. Make it where if you wanna see someone's rep, you need to open the player list and look at their profile. Also, the crowns everywhere on a busy park looks ugly.

I do play with rookies sometimes but I admit I do "duck" them sometimes too. And I don't really care about what their rep is as i have played with several rookies that were excellent but most of the time these guys are plain out scrubs. Plain amd simple I duck them because the team on the court is all star or legend and have 90 ovr and these guys that keep following me around haven't even hit 70 ovr. Seriously just play some of the single player before u come and tank my game. I actually only recently stated ducking them because of this since they try to play hero ball despite their scrub status and it annoys me.
And does any one else get spammed with squad invites once from all the guys below 75 as soon as they join.

The lack of correct spelling an overall bad grammar and punctuation are brought to you by my complete lack of sh**s to give
Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #15
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
First of all I love your name lol...

And I agree. Shakedown just put out a video yesterday talkin bout how much time on average is wasted in the park...something like 130 hours a year if you play daily.

It's hard to believe they'll do matchmaking again tho, they make too much money off people dressing up and buying shoes and signature walks to go away from it.
That video he made was only for the Park and about people that are casual gamers. For the Rec Center it is double that. For the people that play 2k 7 days a week and a for a few hours then it even way more.

Matchmaking and locker room matchmaking need to come back. It been to long. The got next glitches so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #16
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Quote:
I think the lag/framerate issues or whatever is happening has to do with rivals.

So right after Christmas on Xbox once the servers got back up my squad was playing park and even when the got next spots were glitchy the gameplay itself was perfectly fine.
A couple days ago everything was working top notch, got next included.
So we were playing all night into the rival day, and once it started and a bunch of flyers and ballers came into our park and suddenly everything became glitchy again.
Got next was laggy, framerate was dropping, lag was slowly getting worse.

Now I'm just putting two and two together but it seems like these rivals days increase all that and I could care less about the rivals in general..I just wanna play basketball.

And I think most people that just wanna "play basketball" would rather have matchmaking. My friends don't care that I unlocked a new walk animation, they do care if I win a game with good play tho. Let me matchmake and just keep chuggin out games instead of sitting in a park with too many players the server can even handle.
It not the rival to be honest but a crowded park. This happens to me at the Rec and a Park filled with people just standing there. I tend to lose frames and lag with a lot of people on screen. Not sure but I think the broadcast camera fixes this problem. Don't use it cause I can't play on it.

It happens to my friends as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »