Home

2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

This is a discussion on 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #57
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
, ya'll are killing me with these lists every thread....are ya'll typing them out every time or just copying and pasting them?

Seriously though you should but them in the wish list thread if you haven't already ...
nothing forcing you to read them

if people keep posting valid complaints...maybe they will get fixed
Old 01-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #58
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
nothing forcing you to read them

if people keep posting valid complaints...maybe they will get fixed

No one forced you to read any of my responses earlier (including this one), but you did, disagreed with what I said , and responded to it....and that's fine...this is a forum...not a new concept.

I was just suggesting putting them in the thread built for feedback instead of putting them in multiple threads....especially when it's the same complaint (sometimes word for word) you've posted multiple times, or isn't on topic....not every thread is an itemized complaint thread..
Old 01-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #59
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I swear I play a different game than most.

1.Cpu dribbles the ball till the last few seconds and hits circus shots with consistency. Either behind the back or another animation that cant be interrupted and shot attempt. I play great onball defense.

2. They dont play basketball majority of the time. Its lets play the animation game. Lets make you slide(momentum), fall off the rails for an easy bucket.

3. Cpu bigs can score off putbacks and other post moves with consistency. My bigs are useless, any cpu defender within 5 feet forces weird animations. No point doing post moves, cpu picks the ball no matter the defender.

4. Suction cup 50/50 balls for the cpu. I play superb defense and never get rewarded. Rare time I do all 5 cpu players are back before I cross the half court line or get bumped animation. Majority of suction cup 50/50 balls lead to easy cpu points because teammates are out of place and love to leave people wide open.

5. Hands flying through balls. Dont even need to dig into that. Horrible band aid fix to to many blocks in past games. Still want to know who approved this.

6. Cpu in general is just predictable.

7. Biggest issue. All teams play exactly alike. No team is different. They got the player animations down pack(have been that way for years) but teams are very similar.

8. Defense is blah and very unrewarding. I feel no difference between Lock down perimeter/post defenders and scrubs. Fastbreak defense(user team) is just horrible.

Stale is the perfect world that describes this game. Anyone who doesnt see these issues are very lucky people. Wish I had blinders.

I dont blame 2k though. I blame online players who ruined the game for the others.

Why I play. Need my bball fix. Its an abusive relationship and I keep coming back.

Nothing about this game feels organic. All predetermined.
So you blame online players even though all complaints are against the CPU? Logic screwed

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 01-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #60
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the part in bold above is incorrect. if you hold the left stick in the direction the receiver is moving just before he catches the ball and keep holding it forward, he will seamlessly catch the ball and continue dribbling without stopping. this is one of the great things about 2k15, because you couldn't do that in previous years, but 2k finally gave you the ability to queue up a "moving catch" by holding the left stick forward as the ball is received.
As shown here at 0.26 seconds.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #61
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
As shown here at 0.26 seconds.

yep…that's it. it's amazing to finally be able to control these "moving catches". for so many years the catch animation would automatically cause the receiver to stop moving and plant his feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #62
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
No one forced you to read any of my responses earlier (including this one), but you did, disagreed with what I said , and responded to it....and that's fine...this is a forum...not a new concept.

I was just suggesting putting them in the thread built for feedback instead of putting them in multiple threads....especially when it's the same complaint (sometimes word for word) you've posted multiple times, or isn't on topic....not every thread is an itemized complaint thread..
actually, that post was more or less flaming...
Old 01-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #63
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I think everyone will acknowledge that stupid hesitation animation needs to go.
Is that the animation where he stutters a bit while driving? God that animation plays out at the wrong time.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 AM   #64
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Some of these guys just can't help but post over and over....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »