Home

How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help

This is a discussion on How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

OVR: 0
How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help

Guys I've Ben struggling in my Sim city Leauge hittin shots,I mean wide open shots man it's crazy any tips would be greatly appreciated-also guys follow me on twitch.tv/LeVar23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to shoot online on HOF sim-need help

I follow your league, and its a good league. You guys are the only other 12 min hof sim league that I know of besides mine, and you are having the same shooting problems we have.

Its the shot glitches on 50 default speed. Hof sim jumpers that are slightly early or slightly late drop at a veŕy low rate. So if you are shooting with guys who cant get a perfect release its gonna be a struggle and shooting will be highly inconsistent, no matter who the player is. My advice is to just go with the hot shooter in each particular game and avoid the cold ones. On hof sim the shot releases are more important then the ratings so expect better results from the favored shot releases.

Certain teams have fewer glitched shooters then others. I just try to play thru it the best I can.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 01-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

Thanks bro I take ur advice but it's annoying as hell to be open and not hit shots period

Old 01-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6

Is your shot meter on? Or is it in Timing or real %
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Like alabamarob said some players have glitched shots. Missing open shots, messes me up too. It gets in your head & make you pass up shots you would normally take. We're in the same league & I went on a 6 game losing streak trying to keep shooting with the few players on my team that I can get perfect releases with. Once guys start to realize what's going on & start to design their defenses to stop those guys, your only resort is to shoot with the ones who can't.

My advice is just keep shooting & hope for the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't know your whole roster. I have watched your games before.

The game on HOF and SS has a high number of shooters that are glitched. Like Alabamarob said you will not get a perfect release with some shooters. My opinion is they designed the game to punish you hard for not getting a perfect release on SS Sim and then they made it even harder elevated on HOF. Watching some of those games on Sim City is brutal man. I have played some games where I can get 10 perfect releases and others I only get a handful with a team like the Mavericks which had basically no or very few of their shooters glitched

Kobe is not glitched but he is only a 75 rated shooter. Low 70 usually is a low 30fg% it has been something like that in the past. So think about how they penalize you from that standpoint. Kobe should not be taking high volume 3s. You are better off trying to get Kobe warm in post fades before trying to take threes

Lin is not glitched either but he has a low offensive consistency ratings so he cant be counted on as well game to game despite being a 80 rated shooter.

Parsons probably should be your first three point option threat but not necessarily 3pt plays but pick and rolls when he is spotted up in the corners.

Other than that you really can't do anything else they are going to miss more shots on HOF. Practice your releases and try to get your players in hot spots
Old 01-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

That's what i bro, I designed my playbook to get all my players in my hots spots

Old 01-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
Banned

LeVar24's Arena

The only person on my team I can get perfect release with is Kobe

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »