Home

When you shoot the ball, where do you look at?

This is a discussion on When you shoot the ball, where do you look at? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
When you shoot the ball, where do you look at?

This whole shooting meter thing is introduced this year in 2k15, and maybe I am still very new to the game, I keep looking at the bar hoping the release point sits at the middle of the blue bar under the players' feet, so I am wondering will this habit be gone when I am used to it, and where do you guys look at when you shoot the ball???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When you shoot the ball, where do you look at?

I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to do this for a long time. I even turned it off during MyCareer so I would be forced to not look at it. But as soon as I went to Park it was staring me right in the face I had to look at it.

I started working on Deadeye in MyCareer and turned the meter on to see when I got green releases and as soon as I did that I stopped noticing it in Park and MyCareer as much. The only time I really notice it now is when I get green releases or when I'm shooting free throws.

I recommend keeping it on all the time and focus on your players release point. It's going to take some will power, but over time you'll stop looking at their feet.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

I try to focus on my players release point. I don't notice the bar much unless I get a perfect release and it lights up. I keep it on only for a visual on whether I was early or late with my release.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 01-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I try to focus on my players release point. I don't notice the bar much unless I get a perfect release and it lights up. I keep it on only for a visual on whether I was early or late with my release.
I am the exact same^

I tend to look at it retrospectively to see if I was too late or too early, but during the shot I just watch for the release point. After playing with guys for a while you just get a feel for it. I'm pretty sure I could shot with Gallo, Steph, Iguodala, Draymond and Klay while blindfolded. Maybe Nate Robinson as well.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

The release point and the form of the legs. And after that the way the ball airs to the rim, i really do feel all the shooting it feels more than a sec to me.

I never have looked at the feedbacks never turned on and same with meter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I only look at it in the practice gym, to get a feel for how long I should be holding for the release. Once I'm comfortable enough with it there, I just watch the actual release of the player when I shoot. I like to keep the meter turned on though, solely for the green release. It adds a little extra to just know the shot is going in sometimes.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

I looked directly at the meter for my first few games vs AI, but this all changed when I hopped online. I don't know whether it's input lag or something else, but the meter doesn't work online. It clearly doesn't align with the shooting animation and will not trigger a good release if you rely on it. For this reason, I've turned the meter off and now I'm back to focusing on the shot release animation just like last year.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I have that meter off and I just play the way I have since Lakers vs Blazers days. Just release the shot at the peak of the jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »