Home

Non 3PT shooters are chucking threes against me since the December patch. Help?

This is a discussion on Non 3PT shooters are chucking threes against me since the December patch. Help? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #17
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Non 3PT shooters are chucking threes against me since the December patch. Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Am I trippin or missing something in that second vid?

Did the Spurs even take a 3 pointer?

I didn't really see anything wrong with the second video. The offense runs through Tony Parker. They did run the zipper play twice. Now maybe in real life they would run a little more plays out their default system but no way they would run the whole game with Parker doing that. What did Parker end up shooting?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Non 3PT shooters are chucking threes against me since the December patch. Help?

Wow that's interesting, any way you could delete and download again. That's not normal.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
Pro

I just played SAS last night with the Hawks. TP did not shoot like that. He was 1-3 from 3. Maybe it's just Scrimmage mode?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Maybe it's just Scrimmage mode?
I don't even know how that's possible. That's kinda crazy.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #21
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

This hasn't happened to me. It would be interesting if we find out what caused this.
PS4: Nothing currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #22
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic

This is with the latest 2K roster. No changes whatsoever. As you can see at the beginning, the CPU three-point tendency slider is at 5 (you don't wanna know what it was like at 50).

Did I get a defective patch or something? lol. I know 2K turned up the CPU's tendency to shoot threes, but goddamn. Tony Parker's 3PT tendency is 30 and he was taking shots Stephen Curry wouldn't attempt.
That's because 2k has tendencies and that's what makes the players shot more jump shots and before the patch the tendencies were all messed up trying to make only the stars shoot jump shots now they shoot every time from any where they increased the tendency rating that's why so many threes and fouls are now in the game
Old 01-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #23
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I have noticed the same thing in scrimmage mode. 95% of the CPU's possessions are 3pt attempts, regardless of slider or difficulty settings.

Not so in regular games.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 01-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #24
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I don't even know how that's possible. That's kinda crazy.
Yeah I can see how that can probably happen. Think about it like this each separate mode is probably based off a certain build of that portion of the game. Instead of probably rewriting the scrimmage mode when the gameplay mode gets updated revised, they probably just copied over the earlier version of the game that now has changes how scrimmage mode plays out.

I will say this in freestyle practice there are players that can can't dunk in that mode but in normal quick game they can dunk same default roster same settings and difficulty. So something is different in the actual mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »