Home

Tips on getting the perfect release?

This is a discussion on Tips on getting the perfect release? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
Tips on getting the perfect release?

I know there's already a thread in regards to getting the green release in MyPlayer, but most of the tips in that thread suggest you switch your player's shooting style. I'm more interested in how I could improve my shooting without having to switch the players' signatures.

I'm playing with the SimWorld's slider set, and I'd rather not play with the Realplayer FG% option on. My question is, how can I improve my shooting without having to alter the slider sets? I find it hard to get the perfect releases this year while I never really had that much of a problem with the previous installments. I've tried practicing in free style mode, but I find perfecting the different shot releases for every player on my team a bit too difficult. Is there something I'm missing here? Or should I just swallow my pride and play around with the shooting sliders to favor me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tips on getting the perfect release?

With the shot meter there is no way to really master getting green releases. There are are just too many variables (ratings, shot contested, etc...) involved. All you can do is run your offense to get good looks at the rim. Once you get a player in rhythm, he'll have better success of getting more green releases throughout the game.

Side note - As said in many threads before on shooting, there are a lot of players who are not able to get green releases on spot ups from mid & 3pt range on HOF & SS, for them it's a luck of the draw. But for those who can, you really have to get them in a good rhythm.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitolrf
With the shot meter there is no way to really master getting green releases. There are are just too many variables (ratings, shot contested, etc...) involved. All you can do is run your offense to get good looks at the rim. Once you get a player in rhythm, he'll have better success of getting more green releases throughout the game.

Side note - As said in many threads before on shooting, there are a lot of players who are not able to get green releases on spot ups from mid & 3pt range on HOF & SS, for them it's a luck of the draw. But for those who can, you really have to get them in a good rhythm.
I figured there'd really be no way of fixing this issue for me. I guess I'll start looking into perhaps another slider set that isn't Superstar.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
I figured there'd really be no way of fixing this issue for me. I guess I'll start looking into perhaps another slider set that isn't Superstar.
Stick with Superstar if you like the difficulty. Shots can be fixed to be able to get green as long as you change the base and willing to test it out. The shot base how the player jumps and move their legs may have changed but you have to sacrifice that if you really want perfect releases. This does not guarantee a high amount of perfect greens as Capitolrf already said. However it will guarantee that you at least have a chance to get greens.

Through some of my testing some of the shot forms don't work with the base they were assigned at certain game speeds can't achieve a perfect release unless you change the shot base or speed of the shot and save the roster. If you are offline you should have no problem doing this yourself.

To me it is a game changing fix. To play with a fixed Durant and Ibaka is totally different. I said this before but I can pick and pop with Ibaka to the 3pt line and get green releases. It is not like I can cheese the releases either. Some games I get 5 some around 10. It varies and I kind of like that. I can say you are highly unlikely to get one of those 4-6 from 3pt range with a glitched shooter. However when they are fixed you can get it.

A played a bunch of Bulls vs. Golden State prior to the patch this is with knowing Dunleavy is glitched from 3 and Mirotic. When I fix them it is like I am playing a different team.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Turn the shot meter off.

There's already people every year questioning why certain shots go in or why certain one's miss...all the shot meter winds up doing is making you ask more questions.

Turn on shot feedback and try and learn the releases, once you start learning them it plays better imo.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
Rookie

I really dislike the shot release in this years game
Old 01-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

My tip on getting a high % of your shots is not to think about "perfect, green".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »