Home

Post animations that annoy YOU in the game!

This is a discussion on Post animations that annoy YOU in the game! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 04:10 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post animations that annoy YOU in the game!

the most annoying animation is the one where the cheerleaders feign slapping themselves on the side of the head while marching forwards
Old 01-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

I HATE all the "you have an uncontested standing layup, so lets slow you down and shove a forearm in you back" animations
Old 01-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I was about to make a thread about the walk up dribble animation
1: it is so slow that you would get an 8 seconds call if you walked it the full way

2: How easy can it be? Extremely. When you turbo you run the ball up. When you don't you walk and skip up. How far you push the stick can determine the walking speed. How they add in one of the most fundamental things and don't add that in is beyond me. It drives me nuts. This game is so close to being great. It's good to me but it's only a few steps away. This is too simple and should be fixed asap
This!

I was estatic to see it trigger for the 1st time this year until I realized how slow it was. And there's almost always no transition between it and the jog. I've seen somewhat of a skip on occasion, but it's near impossible to trigger.

Not sure what happened from it being perfectly implemented in years past and now, but I wish they would fix it. It's the worst looking part of the game IMO and bothers me more than it probably should.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Post animations that annoy YOU in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
The above is a perfect example of excusing the legacy band-aids in place because of their good intentions. A simulation means realistic actions with realistic consequences. I want a simulation.
I think most people just understand that it's is a video game, it simply isn't real life, and certain things are put in place to maintain balance.

We can say things like "take away all 'bumping' and implement realistic foot movement' etc. all we want but we're not quite there yet...which is why we haven't seen it yet in any basketball video game.

That said, my least favorite animations are:

-The run\walk transition animation when coming down court...I still don't understand the purpose of it, there really wasn't a need to add it...

-I don't see it a lot any more post patch, but the "push in the back animation" when going up for a layup which should be a foul every time...

As far as fast break's, the thing I like about it now is that it keeps you accountable and you can make a quick move around contact (at least I can)...but you do have to account for the person in front of you. I'm sure anyone here who has played ball has gone through the drill of stopping a fast break at the first level, I like that its somewhat simulated here. The issue is, that when you do run into the defender it should not stop your momentum completely...definitely agree with everyone there.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-09-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #21
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
The "hesitation dribbling" animations is just dumb. My man automatically slow down even though there is not a single person right in front of him and stopping him from going straight to the hoop for a vicious dunk. Why would i want to do that stupid hesitation animation when no one is in front of me?? It is a wide open straight to the hoop for a dunk. It is almost like 2K is saying..." no no no...we can't let you drive straight to the hoop yet because that'll be too easy....you got to wait bit more" lol. That is the stupid thing i ever seen in a basketball video game 4real.

No Bumping whatsoever, and guess what. On-Ball defense is at 75 here...FYI it's hard to get around NBA defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #22
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike

No Bumping whatsoever, and guess what. On-Ball defense is at 75 here...FYI it's hard to get around NBA defenders.
hmm I have another stutter step in mind....it has a bit of mini stutter to before the player moves...I'm going to try and record it...

Theres a post up drive where it's a really long animation....its where he tries to control the dribble...the only plus is that you can pass out of this animation...

I'm going to count the fall down hard animation and then get up VERY slowly....I know this happens in actual games BUT it feels like it happens a bit much for 2k...

Playing as a defensive center in MC.....you have your hands up and then you engage your opponent. This animation has you moving backwards while having your hands up taking you out of the play. What's worse is you can't break out of the 2 animation....he kinda gets back slowly to the play but by that time it's either recovered by the opponent or the shot goes in (most of the time the shot goes in don't even know why I contest anything inside when the CPU rarely misses on SS)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #23
Pro

I agree with all of these.

Playing on HOF is even worse with the bumping.

The walking has also caused some issues for me. Turned the ball over because I couldn't stop walking right into the defense.

I'd also like to add long passes to the list. Half court passes from anyone but a guard get thrown too long (not talking about risky full court passes) or your player will just stop instead of receiving a pass in motion on the fast break. This coincides with the pushing as running too far to get out in front of the HOF defense will result in a TO so you must wait allowing a defender to get on you. Sometimes, however, if in the right position you can still get out in front.

Also, since the patch to AI with passing out of the paint is causing too many pass outs. Fast break passes or a good pass in the paint to a big with no one around will sometimes result in them instantly (very glitch like) passing out. This has sometimes resulted in them passing back court for a violation.

One last thing I'd like to add is the bounce off snimation on defense. If I'm not directly in front of who I am defending, that is fine but allow me to still be in the play. Often, I will bounce 3 feet off of the player and be completely out of the play.

If these animations were addressed along with the OP and several glitchy ball motions--the game would be perfect in my opinion.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-09-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike

I'm not sure what the point of this is but the issues on ISOing are with the turn around shiffle when setting a screen.

As for pushing, we (or at least I am) talking about stealing the ball or going on a fast break, being in front of your defender and he starts to push you causing you to slow down. This is a clear path foul but is a regular occurrence in 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »