Home

Dribble up the court ANNOYING Animation

This is a discussion on Dribble up the court ANNOYING Animation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #17
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
that's an understatement lol, people always seem to exaggerate over things you don't like. Everyone thinks basketball is a run and gun game as seen when you play online sometimes you just walk up the court like a real player does

What is yall talking about? You literally cannot control your player. He just walks wherever he wants until the animation is over. Doesn't matter what a real player does, if someone wants to run up the court all they want that's on them, don't take user control away from someone. Punish them by making them get tired and etc.

And how you guys are talking, you make it seem like 2K intentionally did this. I am pretty sure they didn't add this for your reason. Its a bug that resulted in them changing something during the patch. Will be something that will most likely be fixed in 2K16.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 01-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Dribble up the court ANNOYING Animation

It started happened after the patch. It needs to be removed. u lose control of your player for almost 2 seconds.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
What is yall talking about? You literally cannot control your player. He just walks wherever he wants until the animation is over. Doesn't matter what a real player does, if someone wants to run up the court all they want that's on them, don't take user control away from someone. Punish them by making them get tired and etc.

And how you guys are talking, you make it seem like 2K intentionally did this. I am pretty sure they didn't add this for your reason. Its a bug that resulted in them changing something during the patch. Will be something that will most likely be fixed in 2K16.
Never has this been a problem before lol, whether on fast breaks or slow tempo, I still have control over my player so this whole you can't take him out the animation has never been a problem, and i honestly think its a over exaggeration, especially all this talk how it causes a turnover..

Also, 2k did add this when people wanted the walk up animation back in the game when they oddly removed it from last year's installment. it not a bug, and they added it to add to the realism of the game. maybe they can tune it for the next game for those that feel they have "no control" during the animation.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #20
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I honestly don't care if you never had this problem before. And I never said or had a TO from it. I and others have this problem though. I lose control of my player when bringing the ball up maybe 2-3 times a game. And it takes 2-3 seconds to get out of. Sometimes it pushes you all the way close to out of bounds or wherever else the animation chooses to do.

Man, listen, you don't know what you're talking about. Yes 2K added the walk animation. I could walk the ball up and break out when I wanted before the patch. Now sometimes I can't.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 01-22-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #21
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sireddieswavey
Never has this been a problem before lol, whether on fast breaks or slow tempo, I still have control over my player so this whole you can't take him out the animation has never been a problem, and i honestly think its a over exaggeration, especially all this talk how it causes a turnover..

Also, 2k did add this when people wanted the walk up animation back in the game when they oddly removed it from last year's installment. it not a bug, and they added it to add to the realism of the game. maybe they can tune it for the next game for those that feel they have "no control" during the animation.
What you are saying is not true. I've noticed in the majority of my games players stutter once they get to a certain spot on the court. I've noticed this most of the time when inbounding the ball, once the controlled player reaches where they are in line with the backboard, they will stutter a bit slowin them down for absolutely no reason.

But OT; I have noticed this animation where the controlled player is trapped in a walking animation. It happens to me pretty often when playing against someone in person. The player will casually walk up court and directly into the defender and lose the ball. Another thing I hate is the celebrating after scoring. It takes the player completely out of the game and they are trapped in the animation. I've given up points due to this in person also, as well as missed out on potential steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 02:45 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 4

Anyone saying its exaggerated must not know what animation the thread is about. You lose complete control of your player up to say 5seconds.

Before the patch it was user defenders would get stuck when cpu (dont knowing it was against users) was taking the ball out in half court.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:40 AM   #23
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Hasn't happened to me once. Which one are you talking about? Why are you dribbling up close to the lines and not in the middle of the court?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-23-2015, 05:13 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Hasn't happened to me once. Which one are you talking about? Why are you dribbling up close to the lines and not in the middle of the court?
it happens to me at least once every game at the park, when I play point.

when you bring the ball up and dont hold turbo, this animation sometimes starts near midcourt and takes you right to the 3point line and you cant pass out of it or get it to stop. it runs you sometimes straight into a defender or near out of bounds and then you gotta back out of it and up to 8 seconds are gone from your shotclock till you are actually able to do something.

it never caused a turnover but my team lost plenty of easy points cause I wasnt able to hit the open man or get by a reaching defender.

its annyoing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »