Home

Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?

This is a discussion on Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #33
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
Not trying to be a dick but in that particular scenario i'd say you're lucky you don't get a (clear path) foul called on you which is what would happen irl if you just run into the ballhandler.
Not trying to be a dick, but in 2k world you can sprint directly into somebody as fast you want as long as you come in from an angle or from the front

If you run into them from behind you hit some kind of magical force field that cause your player to go into a seizure and become paralyzed

That's bad game design my man
Old 01-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #34
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Don't play man defense if it that hard for you... I've been in the rec and played a 1-3-1 to essentially double the PG if he moves away from the top of the key, if he drives he moves into a PF/PG double...

I've also had "Good shot defense" with maxed defense, in a SGs face as he drains a 3 on me... **** happens.
That's the problem it happens too often lol I'm not arguing with you Fam were on the same page. My defense is maxed to I just wish it was a little more rewarding You know
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #35
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

My new fav thing I see fake behind big men doing...setting a screen under the rim so you can't even box em out...then they be grabbing board after board.

See, people are gonna cheese the park to the point you can't even play anymore. I used to think the general CoD community was trash, nah 2K takes the cake.

Play some real ball. It's less rewarding when I beat you cheesing back, I'd rather pick and roll for a dunk then take my big man outside and have to hit 3s.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #36
Banned

Well...this thread has pretty much gone off the rails...

Just saying...most of the talk about The Park and Rec even thought the OP clearly was talking about game modes like MyTeam and Online Ranked Games where you control an entire team.

More than any other mode, you almost EXPECT The Park/Rec to be a little arcade-y and cheesy.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #37
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Well...this thread has pretty much gone off the rails...

Just saying...most of the talk about The Park and Rec even thought the OP clearly was talking about game modes like MyTeam and Online Ranked Games where you control an entire team.

More than any other mode, you almost EXPECT The Park/Rec to be a little arcade-y and cheesy.
The title is about everything, and the OP used My Team as an example.

And why should we expect the Park or JRC to be cheesy?

No hardcore fan of 2K wants to lose to casuals who exploit the game for wins, especially guys on here who try (we know it doesn't always happen) but try and play sim online.
Try and show that real ball is usually rewarded.

And it usually is, until you find a team that exploits every possible thing and beats good ball and you make a post like this wondering why 2K rewards bad ball and makes it seem like they could care less about us real ballers.

This discussion always comes up, whether you meant it like that or not, but we shouldn't expect any mode to be cheesy ever.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #38
Just started!

I play the rec a lot . This is the most sim online experience I've had in 2k playing with Randoms. Are there cheesers And abusers ? Yes. But for the most part I get a pretty good basketball experience .
Old 01-20-2015, 08:06 AM   #39
MVP

jk31's Arena

We had a game yesterday in the Rec center.... it was really hard. We got beaten by around 30 points. Opponents just shot pull-up 3s and alley oops. Funny thing: Some of the shots looked like they clearly miss but then regardless of common physics the ball moved up 1 meter during flight so it was able to go in. That happened several times...

On the other side we missed nearly every open shot (I for example have shooting maxed as a shooting guard and went 2/10 from the field - the only two hits being dunks in the fastbreak).

Was really no fun at all...
Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
Not trying to be a dick, but in 2k world you can sprint directly into somebody as fast you want as long as you come in from an angle or from the front

If you run into them from behind you hit some kind of magical force field that cause your player to go into a seizure and become paralyzed

That's bad game design my man
I know all of that, it was just amusing to me that someone's complaining about not getting away with running into an opposing player on his way to a breakaway layup/dunk. Especially since it was a reply to legitimate gripes about certain animations/physics and not to mention in a thread called "Why are we REWARDED for playing this game like NBA Jam?".

Unless of course he was trying to make a point that you can't play this game like nba jam, i suppose that's a possibility.

Yes, it's bad game design but just because the game allows you to run into the ballhandler from other directions doesn't make it alright to do that from behind as well --> two wrongs don't make a right.

Finally, it's not that hard to get chasedown blocks, it's all about timing and if you're running into them you're obviously doing it wrong. Just my 2 cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »