Home

Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack

This is a discussion on Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #17
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack

I understand the logic of "spirit of basketball music" that OP says, but I don't really agree with it. Hip-hop/rap isn't really my cup of tea, I don't normally listen to that kind of music, so a soundtrack that only had that kind of music would be boring and even annoying to an extent. I like how they mix things up a bit by throwing some pop-rock stuff and adding both new and old music. If you don't like certain music, you can always go the music editor (or whatever it's called) and remove those songs you don't like, no big deal I think. Also, I think they should add more songs, even mid-season, to make it not so monotonous and boring after weeks playing the game; even letting you add your own music from the PS4/XBO/PC hard drive (if possible). I know there may be some copyright issues, but I don't think it's so hard to do...
Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
License reasons is why

They sold like 50 million units, so money isnt an issue, and another Take2 game ,GTA has over 240 songs.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 01-21-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:09 PM   #19
MVP

zello144's Arena

TiRon& Ayomari - What You Waiting on

Would really like to hear this when I'm in the gym taking shots. Really gives that whole grinding feel to it. What you waitin on 2k? add this to the 2k16 soundtrack!!!
Mac Miller - Kool aid & frozen pizza or Nike's on my feet
Jay Z - Crown ,You don't know, Takeover, encore, Roc boys(Anyone of them really too many damn good Jay-Z tracks xD)
Tupac - Pain
Kanye West - Good life or All of the lights
Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.
Gangstarr - You Know my Steez
Souls of Mischief - 93 til infinity
Wale - Center of attention
Bone thugs N Harmony ft. Akon - I tried
The Notorious B.I.G - Juicy

Last edited by zello144; 02-16-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
My main reason posting is to support you. Well written, clear concise points and easy on the eyes with your paragraph formatting man... Thanks.

Jay-Z, Crown or FwithmeyouknowIgotit (Magna Carter Holy Grail)
Busta Rhymes, Been through the Storm (The Big Bang)
J. Cole, St. Tropez (2014 Forest Hills Drive)
Jay-Z & Kanye West, Who Gon Stop me (Watch The Throne)
Kid Cudi, Ashin' Kusher (Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager)
Chance the Rapper, Juice (Acid Rap)

That's all I got for now.
Nice, I'll have to listen to most of these for the first time, but I'm definitely down with that Jay-Z/Rick Ross song. Dope beat, good verses, captures the bravado of the league pretty well.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:37 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
2k15s soundtrack is awesome. Not everyone likes rap and hip hop music. The Strokes and Chili Peppers work well in 2k with some old school rap mixed in. Tribe called quest is great. I wouldn't mind seeing some old songs from NBA street in it.

But keep Jay-z, Kid Cudi and Chance the rapper out of it. Stuffs garbage.
I personally like lots of other genres better than rap and hip hop. But this is a basketball video game, not a playlist for my car or whatever. I agree that The Strokes and Chili Peppers work ok, but for every decent song they put in the soundtrack, you have 3-4 ridiculous, totally out of nowhere songs.

I'm definitely *not* advocating for there to be 40 trap songs on this soundtrack. But let's keep it 100... are you really listening to "Creator" if you're warming up in a real-life basketball game? Hope not, otherwise you're about to get beat by 30...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2015, 12:50 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
I understand the logic of "spirit of basketball music" that OP says, but I don't really agree with it. Hip-hop/rap isn't really my cup of tea, I don't normally listen to that kind of music, so a soundtrack that only had that kind of music would be boring and even annoying to an extent. I like how they mix things up a bit by throwing some pop-rock stuff and adding both new and old music. If you don't like certain music, you can always go the music editor (or whatever it's called) and remove those songs you don't like, no big deal I think. Also, I think they should add more songs, even mid-season, to make it not so monotonous and boring after weeks playing the game; even letting you add your own music from the PS4/XBO/PC hard drive (if possible). I know there may be some copyright issues, but I don't think it's so hard to do...
Yeah, I again want to clarify that I'm all for an eclectic blend of music. But that doesn't mean just throwing random, poorly-selected songs together simply to "cover the bases." As I said initially, the FIFA soundtrack is amazing every year. Lots of smaller, lesser known artists get their chance to shine on it. I've played a lot of shows with the band Reptar, which had one of their songs in FIFA 13.

Why 2K's soundtrack isn't even close to FIFA's is beyond me. It's such a huge component of a video game. Some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard came from Skyrim. It matters.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #23
Rookie

Can one of you guys show me how to embed Youtube vids? I think that's the quickest way for all of us to hear potential songs. Let's try to pick our top 3 songs and we'll go from there so stuff doesn't get too crowded and we can actually listen to suggested songs...
Old 01-22-2015, 02:07 AM   #24
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlightfactory
Can one of you guys show me how to embed Youtube vids? I think that's the quickest way for all of us to hear potential songs. Let's try to pick our top 3 songs and we'll go from there so stuff doesn't get too crowded and we can actually listen to suggested songs...
It's built into Youtube. Click "share," "embed," copy the code they give you, then paste it here.

Spoiler

Then enjoy Roundball Rock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »