Home

Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack

This is a discussion on Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #33
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Discuss The 2K16 Soundtrack

Now that were in the next generation of gaming its time to start thinking out side the box regaurding sound tracks.In stead of 30 songs you may or may not like playing over and over, i would like the future of sports games to include live stations broadcast. Not unlike a Pandora, this could posible save the company mony in regaurds to having to get licenses, but also provide additional revenue in the form of adds.One drawback would be that an online connection would be required. However with the length of time sports games are played the benefit of not hearing 'mama used to say' 1 million times would be tremendous ! we all ready have 2k t.V now legs get somthing that would actually benefit the game. 2k radio is the way to go, and could shape sports games sound tracks for a long time!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just mute the tv and listen to music on my iPad. I'm not much for the songs put on games by people I don't know.
NBA- Los Angeles Clippers
MLB- Miami Marlins
NFL- New York Jets
NCAAF- Duke Blue Devils
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-16-2015, 02:35 PM   #35
MVP

zello144's Arena

I hope 2k chooses a lot of independent unknown artists like they did in 2k11 and 2k12. Maybe add one well known song or two just so it won't all be unknown stuff you're listening to. I remember playing 2k12 till like 2 AM in the morning and listening to They come back by Project Lionheart that stuff was emotional....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #36
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Hopefully there's an option adding for our own music next year. If so, I'll just put PE's It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back on loop.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #37
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Hopefully there's an option adding for our own music next year. If so, I'll just put PE's It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back on loop.
Hopefully they will. Give us as consumers more control into our hands.

Last edited by midwestking100; 02-17-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
Hopefully they will. Give us as consumers more control into our hands.
Start writing letters sending emails, etc. to Sony to allow users to saves MP3s on the hard drive. Because that is one of the reasons why we don't have the option right now. I also don't know if the X1 has this feature.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:24 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Trying to find the perfect soundtrack might be impossible. As you can see by the opinions here, even if the soundtrack feels "authentic" to some, others will gladly express their disinterest in it.

So if this is a simulation, and in the spirit of authenticity, poll all of the video guys from all 30 NBA teams during the summer, the guys who are in the gym everyday rebounding for the players, and ask them what the players are listening to. Pick out the 25 songs or whatever that are both appropriate enough for the game and can be licensed, and use those.

I can tell you from experience that most of the songs will be terrible. But it will give everyone the feel of being in the gym and listening to the same terrible songs over and over again because the best/veteran player on the team likes it. You can't beat the authenticity of that!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:21 AM   #40
Banned

Samm27's Arena

This is where you have to give it to EA. Their soundtrack is a whole lot better than 2K top 40 stuff that is apparently supposed to please everyone. Basketball is influenced by hip hop and vise versa.
You can relate the sport and the type of music more than any other sport around so its an obvious choice in which direction it needs to go. A mix of old and new school rap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »