Home

Official NBA 2K16 My Career Must have "WISH LIST"

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K16 My Career Must have "WISH LIST" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #41
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K16 My Career Must have "WISH LIST"

In Mycareer the Front office AI should have a direction. I want to know if the team is in rebuild mode or making a push for the playoffs. In the older MLB the show games in RTTS it would tell you if the team was in rebuild mode or if it was trying to make a playoff push. In rebuild mode the team would blow up the roster and part with veterans or bad contracts and attempt to get younger and if it's contending it would try to get a key player or two that could help later on in the playoffs. It could really help us out and add more realism to mycareer do I want to be part of a rebuilding project for a few years or part of a contender and win right away.

Also improve the post game press interviews make them in the locker room. If I'm an unknown player maybe I get a reporter or two asking me questions but If I'm a superstar in the league there should be a lot of reporters all over the place like this.

Don't make them appear all the time like in last gen. I like what they did in 2k15 only appearing every couple of games.

Last edited by zello144; 03-28-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 11:50 PM   #42
MVP

zello144's Arena

Injuries need to happen. Not everyone is healthy and even the best eventually sit out a couple games. It would be interesting as our career goes on and probably getting labeled injury prone and made out of glass like D Rose
Don't make the injuries scripted though they should be random like in MyGM and MyLeague.
Also include decline and aging. As our players get older they should slow down like Steve Nash did at the end of his career.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 AM   #43
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

Exclamation Re: Official NBA 2K16 My Career Must have "WISH LIST"

I really wish people wouldn't make "requests" and "wish lists" with trivial things like more gear, shoes etc. that 2K can put behind a VC paywall rather than stuff to improve the actual game...

My list:

- Better teammate AI that actually shoots when they are open, sets screens automatically, closes out on shooters etc.

- remove the 2v2 courts from myPark and add 4v4 instead, make the Rec Center more obvious as most newbies don't even realise it exists

- "Dynamic Challenge Generator" for myTeam that creates a random challenge such as come back from 10 points down, make a team using only people from 1 college, starting lineup must consist of players from different decades etc etc. Ability to choose difficulty of the challenge and reward a scaling level of MT points accordingly

- refinements to MT auction house; filter by players you don't already have, ability to trade players with friends, decrease the 15% "commission" for auctions to something like 5%

- break down the myCareer attribute upgrades into more categories so we don't have to upgrade post moves on a Point Guard to make layups, don't have to upgrade 3 point shooting on a Center to hit free throws, etc

- improve trade AI in all modes, still so many ridiculous trades get made/approved by the CPU; at least add an approval filter to myCareer even though it might not be realistic, I was on the Cavs and they traded away our entire front line to acquire Monta Ellis meaning LeBron had to play Center, stupid

- invest some of that ridiculous money made from VC into better servers

- myPark needs a chat channel or "speech bubbles" that you can type text into that appear over players' heads when not on the court

- All Star Weekend should just be accessible from the main menu, it's stupid how it isn't and you have to sim a season to the break just to try the dunk contest, 3point shootout etc

- cap attributes by position or at least based on height; Point Guards shouldn't be able to max rebounding, Centers shouldn't be able to may playmaking, etc

- add body types/body shape editing - if it can be done for faces, no reason why everyone should have to look like a pencilneck running around the court. Isiah Thomas (current Celtics version not Pistons Zeke) looks like a starving Ethiopian when in real life he's quite solid for example

- make CPU fadeaway jumpers actually miss sometimes instead of having a 100% success rate even when contested

- find a better solution to releasing updates other than the stupid "UPDATE REQUIRED!" window that appears in the bottom left of the screen EVERY DAY and can't be dismissed even when in the middle of a game

plenty more but that's just for now

Last edited by Kobrakai; 04-02-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:57 AM   #44
MVP

zello144's Arena

More player personalties for our Myplayer he's either too serious or too arrogant. I like playing arrogant but how about a third option making him act silly?

Old 04-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #45
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Make things more realistic.
-Someone mentioned the idea of being able to spend the actual money you earned from the contract instead of VC, I think that's an amazing idea. Upgrade the apartment, buy vehicles
-buy whatever shoes you want (because every NBA play can buy any shoe they want), but have better perks for signing with one brand. Or the opportunity to sign with Nike but wear nike OR Jordan shoes (ex: Demarcus Cousins).
-Be able to do a drill per day for 1 attribute point on a specific attribute. Only be able to upgrade your player during the season by the workouts but off season you earn more attribute points during summer league or summer workouts so your guy can improve more in the offseason and also so we actually have an off season. (Also give the ability to skip offseason but barely improve, if at all, for those who don't want to do offseason.) Many players say championships are won in the offseason, so why don't we get to have one?
-I think having the NBA home and NBA away sections for MyCAREER is great. Expand on gear selection to where you can use the color wheel to color any accessory just like shoes (or use team colors or patterns)

-personally, I am a HUGE proponent of making MyCAREER and NBA 2k16 into 2 separate games. I'd pay for both and it would just allow for incredible expansion on both game modes.

PSN: TheDom45
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #46
Rookie

1: allow the ablilty to change how many games you play a season from 82 to 56 or 29.

2: allow ability to play on any of the NBA teams in all 5 position depending on how good you are and weather tryouts or draft.

3:ability to practice plays with team and build solid chemistry.

4: ability to turn off cpu season trades to stop the bad trades from happening.

5: ability to receive roster updates in mycareer while in a current season without having to start over each time there is a new roster update.

6: ability to get refund on vc if you choose to start over your career with a different position with out losing all your vc whether by buying or earned.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeojaydub
1: allow the ablilty to change how many games you play a season from 82 to 56 or 29.

2: allow ability to play on any of the NBA teams in all 5 position depending on how good you are and weather tryouts or draft.

5: ability to receive roster updates in mycareer while in a current season without having to start over each time there is a new roster update.

6: ability to get refund on vc if you choose to start over your career with a different position with out losing all your vc whether by buying or earned.
Combine the bold part to an option to disable cpu trades AND deactivate trade deadline to receive roster updates which are displayed as trades in-game

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #48
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom5552
-personally, I am a HUGE proponent of making MyCAREER and NBA 2k16 into 2 separate games. I'd pay for both and it would just allow for incredible expansion on both game modes.
I would do that, but with offline and online. For instance, I only play MyCareer, and occasionally some MyGm/MyLeague, all offline modes; other people only plays online modes like MyTeam, MyPark, etc. If you want just one mode (offline or online), it should cost you 35-40 and add 20-25 if you want to play the other one later. If you buy both at the same time, make it a bit cheaper, like 45-50. Also, if they could reduce the overall prices a bit to make the game more affordable, it would be great, although I don't see it happening

Also, try to separate offline and online MyPlayers, meaning that you could be a 90+ in MyCareer if you want, but if you want to be a good online/MyPark player it should be more difficult and laborious ; that way, you would limit the "cheesers" who would spent a lot of money to make their player 90+ right out of the gate in MyPark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeojaydub

1. While I don't think I would use it, I know some people who wouldn't mind to. It's tedious to play all 82 games. Might be a good option to have.

2. Playing in all 5 positions? Not all players are like Lebron, lol.

3. That's would be great. As other user mentioned, make a new kind of scrimmage; instead of stupid objectives, practice some plays or systems to improve knowledge of your coach, teamates and to raise chemistry.

4. Hmm, that wouldn't be good in my opinion, that would be too unrealistic. However, 2k should work hard on CPU IQ to prevent some abusive/stupid trades, although seeing some trades made lately in the real NBA, perhaps some of those happening in MyCareer aren't that unrealistic

5. That wouldn't be good either, Yeah, it sucks that a player "explodes" in real life (Hassan Whiteside, primer example) after you start a MyCareer, but it would be unrealistic and unfair to artificially change it that way. However, 2k should work in a way to make progression be possible within a season. For instance, if a player with a 70 overall starts to play better in the game than previous years, his overall should go up according to stats; if he gets better in shooting, make his shooting attributes higher; if he gets better at assist, make his passing, even dribbling, attributes better. That way, it would a bit more realistic than wait until off-season time to see an improvement. I know it's not easy, but it would be great

6. That would interesting to see. However, it would mean that you would get tons of "free" VC and you could get your player to be as good as your previous one was right out of the gate, with no effort whatsoever. It would be unfair and "cheesy", to an extent, I think.

Last edited by jackzagal; 04-04-2015 at 06:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »