Home

The Evolution of NBA2K's Offense: How Far We've Come (Demonstrated by the ATL Hawks)

This is a discussion on The Evolution of NBA2K's Offense: How Far We've Come (Demonstrated by the ATL Hawks) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Evolution of NBA2K's Offense: How Far We've Come (Demonstrated by the ATL Haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Kyle korver is horrible on 2k hof sim. By far the worst shooter on the team. He cant hit any threes consistently. It makes the hawks offense hard to run with him in the game.
Totally agree...it's AWFUL and basically RUINS using the Hawks for me.

I spent an hour in Practice mode with the Hawks shooting jumpers on Superstar and HOF difficulty....and it's amazing how many shots Korver misses.

Try it yourself...I'm missing practice jumpers with A- and B+ releases....it's a joke.

51.6/53.1/92.3 shooting splits....and totally worthless in 2K!!!

C'mon man...

Last edited by coached17; 01-27-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #10
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Evolution of NBA2K's Offense: How Far We've Come (Demonstrated by the ATL Haw

I know it may not be realistic but if you treat Korver more like a "Kobe" style 3-pt shooter the ai seems to be able to handle him better.

With that said, I'm not sure Da_Czar has revamped the Hawks or not on offense. I bet once he does tweak the team's defaults they will be more in-tune with Korver and Carrol and a few small "detail" type of situations that can be improved on.

The Hawks, if they continue to stay the course will be future powerhouse 2k teams to play for sure.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #11
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

They won't be a powerhouse. They will be like the 2003-2007 Pistons. Balanced but no one will use them online.

Powerhouses to sim heads...sure yeah but online lol no people will still pick OKC/LAC/Cle/GSW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 11:49 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I know it may not be realistic but if you treat Korver more like a "Kobe" style 3-pt shooter the ai seems to be able to handle him better.
I have no idea what this means...
Old 01-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #13
Banned

If I could actually make shots with Korver, I would use the Hawks ALOT more...

It's kinda like if Marc Gasol could actually make a LAYUP, I'd use the grit-n-grind Grizz a lot more too...
Old 01-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #14
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Funny, I mostly play with the Hawks and find myself consistently unable to control the offense. Korver will run to the basket on fastbreaks instead of the corner. Teague will drive and kick to Horford from about 16 feet away, only for Horford to end up behind the 3 point arc by the time he gets control of the ball. Guys will be open for a 3 pointer but by the time they turn and face the basket off a screen or get control of the ball, the defender is in their face again. People will simply run the wrong way when you pass, leading to turnovers or getting to bad spots on the court. And of course, teammates LOVE to run to your guy in the paint when he has the ball in the post, bringing his defender with him. And I HAVE to use icon passing, since the regular A button seems to be very much a hit or miss affair. It can get really frustrating just to try to move the damn ball around in this game.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:30 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Funny, I mostly play with the Hawks and find myself consistently unable to control the offense. Korver will run to the basket on fastbreaks instead of the corner. Teague will drive and kick to Horford from about 16 feet away, only for Horford to end up behind the 3 point arc by the time he gets control of the ball. Guys will be open for a 3 pointer but by the time they turn and face the basket off a screen or get control of the ball, the defender is in their face again. People will simply run the wrong way when you pass, leading to turnovers or getting to bad spots on the court. And of course, teammates LOVE to run to your guy in the paint when he has the ball in the post, bringing his defender with him. And I HAVE to use icon passing, since the regular A button seems to be very much a hit or miss affair. It can get really frustrating just to try to move the damn ball around in this game.
Quoted for TRUTH.

Attention 2K developers...many of these issues have been a problem for a few years now....same issues.

The only thing worse than these legacy gameplay issues are the 2K servers...which apparently can't handle the load placed on them because it seems like every weekend there is an issue with them.

As for the Hawks...the biggest reason more people don't play with them is because they don't play anything like the real-life Hawks....especially Korver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2015, 12:40 AM   #16
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Is this online or offline ? I don't experience the problems you mention in offline games. As you can see from the Hawks video I did, I got the offense clicking pretty smoothly. I got Korver a transition 3 and half court catch + shoot 3. I got Al Hortford a pick and pop in his hot zone. I was able to post Milsap on more than 3 occasions without crowding him.

I ain't knocking on you bro, i use to have the same problems you experience when I first started 2K. What I am trying to say is that I can help you overcome them and you don't need to feel the game is cheating you. You can see from my gameplay none of the things you mention really happened often, as a matter of fact the opposite to what you mentioned happened. It really just takes A LOT of skill, attention, and management I am happy to teach if you want to learn it together Once again this is OFFLINE, online is bad because of input delay so yah everyone is screwed there.

Regards,

Sam Pham

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »