Home

CPU double team -vs- User double team

This is a discussion on CPU double team -vs- User double team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sure this has been covered plenty, but I haven't seen it in its own thread. What's up with CPU double teams?

Issue: when playing MyCareer especially, when the CPU brings a double team, it results in a turnover because of a wild pass for your player probably 50% of the time. Even when using a point guard or player with high passing accuracy and IQ ratings, they can't even make the simple pass to the open man. Real life, when the double team comes, your primary outlet is to pass to the player who's defender rotated over on the double team. Even that is ridiculously difficult, with wild passes flying out of bounds the majority of the time. If I try to back out of the double team to create space, usually the CPU defender will tie me up and cause a jump ball.

However, when calling a double team against the CPU, they rarely make a turnover and make a perfect pass to a team mate. Maybe 1/10 or 1/15 times can you get a turnover when double teaming, and this is fairly realistic I think.

Any thoughts, ideas, or tips? I'm tired of my PG making 3-4 turnovers a game if I go on a hot streak and make a few buckets in a row, and the CPU starts double teaming.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 01-27-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Re: CPU double team -vs- User double team

The worst part with the CPU double team is getting sucked into the animation and more often you can't simply move away or back out of it. Sometimes when I try and actually am able to move I get called for travelling which makes me scream at the TV a lot.

As far as the User controlled double team goes I think it is very ineffective compared to the CPU double team. Sometimes it doesn't trigger at all or way to late and the CPU has already passed out of it.

Last edited by BenBobOmb; 01-27-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

AI is still pretty dumb when it comes to that...

As a center I'll get doubled and no help comes so I have to throw a cross-court pass or get a jump ball called.

Another problem is getting a steal/block and having no pg come to get the ball resulting in a to.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

I can't stand this either. I haven't found a solution yet. As soon as I see the doubler move towards me, I take a few steps back and pass right away. Such BS.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 AM   #5
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

It's gotten to a point where I don't even care about my turnovers that much anymore. It's the only way I really get TOs as a PG is off the doubles. You can pass it to the safest option and still throw it way over his head.

It's so crazy how a dumb your teammate AI + how fake it is when you're in the double. First your teammate will be right next to you but soon you pass they'll cut into the paint where everyone is and result in a TO somehow. I can even make a smart pass and it'll just go way out of bounds. Passing to someone in the paint is the fakest of them all. 2K already tries to make the paint VERY hard by having unrealistic things happen but if you try to pass to the open man in the paint while being doubled 7/10 something dumb will happen so it won't be that easy. Most likely you're passing it out of bounds or it's getting picked off outta nowhere.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

User double team animation doesnt start until the cpu offensive player is wide open. Look next time you call for a double team. Its like the game is running a double team play and the animation doesnt start until cpu is under the rim.

Happens more like above vs any other outcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »