Home

Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game

This is a discussion on Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2015, 02:41 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Different shot mechanics in Practice vs. Game

The roster creator for 2k already admitted shots were random and that's why we get so much white line cheese. Some shots you take no matter how wide open will not get a green release if the system does not want to give it to you. 2k wants it this way to keep every on-line game close no matter how much you outclass your opponent (as long as he has the controls down).

Edit: It also explains why layups with little to no defense miss too. 2k is simply taking away control from the player so that they can determine how close the game will be in the 4th or even the outcome to make you repeat seeds in RTP.

Last edited by 2K15 PC; 01-31-2015 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
The roster creator for 2k already admitted shots were random and that's why we get so much white line cheese. Some shots you take no matter how wide open will not get a green release if the system does not want to give it to you. 2k wants it this way to keep every on-line game close no matter how much you outclass your opponent (as long as he has the controls down).

Edit: It also explains why layups with little to no defense miss too. 2k is simply taking away control from the player so that they can determine how close the game will be in the 4th or even the outcome to make you repeat seeds in RTP.
The cap on running layups for point guards at 75 is a shame when dunks are 95. Most of the time, if I am attempting a layup it is in transition when I am the only man at the other side of the court and I know I can't posterize the 7 foot SF in front of me unless I go baseline off one or two defenders have already gotten back. In this case I almost always end up with a and-one or at least a foul. But a lot of the time I go to the Euro or Hop Step in the situation.

But in my team it is always a foul at the end or if you have someone who that finisher a transition lay up like D. Wade an and one (in transition that is and I have 5 or 6 transition finisher cards in my collection in case I get a new card, I refuse to miss one man fast break lay ins).

As far as non-transition in my team, if my goal is to take it to a basket I never run shoot at will and almost always require a screen or in RTTP's case the defense to foul up and leave me an open lane.

These situations just affirm my love for tear dropper (unless it's CP3 and your chance of getting swatted is ridiculously high).

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 01-31-2015, 07:32 PM   #19
Banned

Two things...

The shots are messed up for several players...

The most obvious to me are Bosh and Korver. Two players whose games I love, who I can't even bother to use online without going INSANE because it's almost impossible to make shots with them.

Might as well not even have these two guys in the game...it's a joke.

Second thing....Practice mode needs to be improved....with some defense added.

It would be AWESOME to be able to go into Practice mode and just work on playing 1-on-1 against a defender.

This would actually allow you to work on all sorts of scoring moves....

You could practice dribble moves and getting to the basket. You could work on your mid-post game. You could work on back-to-the-basket post moves with bigs...or with post up guards like Wade.

This is a missing feature that is badly needed - unless there is a way to do it now that I don't know of....
Old 02-01-2015, 04:33 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
The most obvious to me are Bosh and Korver. Two players whose games I love, who I can't even bother to use online without going INSANE because it's almost impossible to make shots with them.
Come on, 2K! It canīt be that difficult to give Bosh the practice-mode mechanic he has for games and fix that Korver issue (he canīt hit green in HOF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Second thing....Practice mode needs to be improved....with some defense added.

It would be AWESOME to be able to go into Practice mode and just work on playing 1-on-1 against a defender.
Iīm afraid that this would be too complicated to implement if it wasnīt already in the game.

They removed the 2vs2 post moves practice from previous years At least now we have someone passing you the ball in the practice mode...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #21
Rookie

Does anyone know if Korver missing shots carries into MyCareer? Im a PG with the Hawks, and Korver is an absolutely terrible spot up shooter. I am talking WIDE open with no one around, bricks almost 75% of the time, from 3 line or even closer. I rarely see him make like 2-3 a game.

He also seems to have a tendency to forgo wide open shots too and instead wait for the defense to set and then charge in like he is D-Rose, except he gets blocked hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 01:14 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeDaddy2010
Does anyone know if Korver missing shots carries into MyCareer? Im a PG with the Hawks, and Korver is an absolutely terrible spot up shooter. I am talking WIDE open with no one around, bricks almost 75% of the time, from 3 line or even closer. I rarely see him make like 2-3 a game.

He also seems to have a tendency to forgo wide open shots too and instead wait for the defense to set and then charge in like he is D-Rose, except he gets blocked hard.
In the beginning people generally have a rough time with any teammate and their FG% at first. Depending on your setting/sliders it may disappear with team chemistry hitting 100 and as you and your teammates tendencies shift.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 02-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #23
Rookie

That's the thing though. Even with 95% chemistry he is an awful shot. When in real life, he is reliable.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Again do you understand that their isn't any defense. And player running and catching the ball for a jumper will be totally different from a player that's dribbling in the half court with no defense and then pulling up for a jumper. Or pressing x so that someone can pass you the ball for a catch and shoot. Fatigue can also come into factor in game. Practice mode is really to server a as base for the game.

edit: What I'm saying is that both are the same. It's just that different factors once your in a game effect your shot.
Why would the shot be different if say your completely open from 3. Makes no sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »