Home

Why don't people utilize the post game more in Rec/MyTeam?

This is a discussion on Why don't people utilize the post game more in Rec/MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why don't people utilize the post game more in Rec/MyTeam?

I don't really get it. As devastating as the post game is in this game, I don't understand why most people don't utilize it more, especially big men. And hell, even the guards, because most guards have absolutely no idea how to defend it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Why don't people utilize the post game more in Rec/MyTeam?

Post game used to be pretty terrible, with big man missing tons of easy layups against small defenders standing 3ft behind them. It does feel a lot better recently, must be one of the things they silently patched. You can actually make hook shots with high frequencies.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Mainly because the protect the ball animation are not good for big men. They don't keep the ball up high so when they get doubled which happens a lot before they can make a move like pass, pump fake etc... the ball is knocked free.

The 2nd reason is the guys you play with don't know basketball. I have a center and every game I play with randoms or guys I know. I have to constantly remind them to feed me when I post up. They telling me to cut to the basket, only to fire a flashy pass through traffic, which makes me go into that Randy Moss animation to jump catch it and lose the ball. When you could of just went to the wing made a post entry pass & I can make a post move before help arrives.

3rd reason is guys are just stat chasing and when you feed the post, you lose the assist, unless he goes up immediately. I played many of games and had deep post position only for teammates to run to the corner & shoot a 3.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

I tried to utilize the post game in rec but everytime I posted up I got swarmed by multiple steal spammers.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Most people that play this game don't know ball they only know 3pointers and dunks. Play a ranked matched and see that post game and playbook are never used

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Because everyone wants to be small forwards and guards and pretend they're Jordan.

Honestly, I didn't make a power forward or center, because I knew people would never pass me the ball in the post. I just use my SF to post.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Because everyone wants to be small forwards and guards and pretend they're Jordan.

Honestly, I didn't make a power forward or center, because I knew people would never pass me the ball in the post. I just use my SF to post.
Then that should make people want to use the post game even more if they want to pretend to be Jordan or Kobe.

I've learned to watch nearly everyone on defense the second I turn my back to go into the post. If nobody comes off their man, easy post fade shot with Fade Ace. If they do, easy pass to an open shot. And yes, I do use it quite a bit on my SG in the Rec.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Because 3 pointers and midrange shots are more effective. Which is stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »