Home

How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained by Pham

This is a discussion on How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained by Pham within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained by Pham

In this how-to video i will be using the Grizzlies to play Grit and Grind basketball: Pounding the ball with Post Offense (no plays called, just freelance) combined with Lock Down On-ball + Team Defense. I also go into a lot of detail with DEF POE and specific aspects of 2K15 Defense Tactics. Check it out:

*Feel free to discuss both the offense and defense i presented here. As always let me know what you think, and i am really starting to feel Protect the Paint is by far the more superior POE in this year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #2
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained by P

Nice video, really like the presentation it's clean.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained by P

Awesome.

Which freelance are you basing out of? 3 out 2 in? And what are your settings in terms of freelance/motion/space the floor?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
How to play Grit and Grind NBA Basketball in 2k15. DEF POE further Explained ...

Good vid.

One thing that I think bears mentioning is that as a user if you have this defense employed against you, you have to read the defense and understand how to attack what they are taking away. You can tell if you take it inside and the ball rolls around and out, you miss dunks or the defense recovers really well that protect paint is on and you have to think and work accordingly.

Protecting the paint vs users this year is a great strategy at the highest difficulty because guys struggle shooting.

As far as POEs go, it seems just with the POE set a certain way, it determines the outcome to much and I'm not a fan of the POE system.

You can really notice this if you don't limit transition and see your guys jogging back on defense just because of the setting and all the POEs work that way in a subtle fashion. Finishing at the rim well when limit shots is on is another. These are all cues to how the defense is playing you that you need to pay attention to.

One final thing is that in the 12 minute game vs smart users, you can become a victim of your settings because users will change up over the period of a full game to take advantage of it and back door shooters played tight for example.

The other thing with settings it often makes sense vs users to wait and see how your opponent uses players before making adjustments to defensive settings.

Most of my comments are geared towards users.

The cpu will adjust but not as well as tough users who read defense well.

On ball skill has improved. I also like the manual hedge with gasol. That's how I'd defend the pick and roll with manual control of the hedger. I prefer that over a setting so you can adjust as needed and not be committed by setting and have a user recognize it.

Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 02-03-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
Awesome.

Which freelance are you basing out of? 3 out 2 in? And what are your settings in terms of freelance/motion/space the floor?
3-2 Space the floor works best for the grind house offense ^_^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #6
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

held the CPU Cavs to 39% shooting on superstar sim for the first time (with iverson sixers). job well done on these settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »