Home

Useless/Broken Moves

This is a discussion on Useless/Broken Moves within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Useless/Broken Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
There's feedback on hook shots?

I actually had no idea....
Neither did I. Although I shot my first hook in about a season in a game today. I was backing down Brandon Knight as the paint was empty (Howard and Love were both camped to the left and right side out the basket about 8 feet out) and I was just going to post spin tech him, but I backed him down so quickly that I went into the hook shot animation.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 02-05-2015, 01:02 AM   #10
Rookie

Joshdonnie's Arena

For me my floater is money I use it all the time no matter which pg or sg is shooting it they go in most of the time. I think its a bit overpowered.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:18 AM   #11
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

This may be counter to what this thread is about but does anyone feel that the half spin dribble move is a little too strong? It's my go-to whenever I really need to get in the lane. A half spin followed by a eurostep with an Acrobat player has saved me from plenty of shot clock expirations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 04:53 AM   #12
Rookie

2k is pretty balanced move wise this year.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #13
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
A lot the things that are being mentioned here aren't "broken" at all and really aren't that difficult to learn once you put the work in and learn them....you can do a lot in this game...

There are some controls that are just plain awkward though and should be mapped to be easier to utilize., like the euro step, step backs etc...We could've done without moving the post up to triable and left it there for the hop actions....IMO
Oh really, could you post some game footage of how to properly use the driving fake pass. If its not broken i must be doing it wrong.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Driving fake pass!!!!in past 2ks i could drive fake a pass and then pass to another teamate or chain a layup. Now i just fumble the ball out of bounds why???? Agree with on the spin layup its fine if used at the exact correct time. But if u try to expliot it you fail props on that one 2k
This was possible in past 2k's? I haven't seen any footage of this except for Rondo. Unfortunately Rondo's is just a drive animation with him faking.

I remember Mike saying that it was possible in the past but I've never seen it as user controlled.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #15
Banned

Eurostep isn't broken in my opinion. I use it with harden a lot and it's pretty realistic. Works when it should for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 10:16 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Useless/Broken Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Oh really, could you post some game footage of how to properly use the driving fake pass. If its not broken i must be doing it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This was possible in past 2k's? I haven't seen any footage of this except for Rondo. Unfortunately Rondo's is just a drive animation with him faking.

I remember Mike saying that it was possible in the past but I've never seen it as user controlled.

Right.

If you can show me where the command to do this is in the instruction manual is, or hey, a video of any 2k where you were able to do this in the past., I'll be glad to post some footage, or eat my words. A move has to exist to be broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
Eurostep isn't broken in my opinion. I use it with harden a lot and it's pretty realistic. Works when it should for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not broken, but I wish they'd change the command for it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »