Home

NBA 2K15 Online Stability

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Online Stability within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How is your online experience with NBA 2K15
Good 4 23.53%
Bad 7 41.18%
Atrocious 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
NBA 2K15 Online Stability

I believe this thread is most definitely needed for 2k to realize their servers are atrocious.

I would like to hear everyones opinion and experience on 2k servers in detail.
What is your console?
What is your ISP?
What is your download?
What is your upload?
What is your ping ?

Console: PS4
ISP: Uydunet, TR
Down: 25mbps
Up: 2.1 mbps
Ping: 13 in country, 60-80 in european servers

So all in all i have a very good stabile connection in which i play all online games to none to very few problems. I never ever had any trouble i had experienced with 2k15 ever.

Problems i encountered are all varied in Online League and Ranked Games

- 1 user experience lag at its worst state whereas the other plays like offline
- 1 user experience constant spikes whereas the other plays like offline
- 1 user experience 14 second count down whereas the other plays like offline and never see that countdown,
- 1 user experience incredible amount of DELAY whereas the other plays like offline

- 2 users experience different kind of lag, one is lagging from movement, the other is lagging in shooting
- 2 users experience players moving out of their controls in both offense/defense
- 2 users experience and incredible amount of DELAY on both ends like 2,5 to 3 seconds DELAY,
- 2 users experience a great offline feel play and all of a sudden after a while game starts playing in 0,5x speed.
- 2 users experience A GREAT DEAL OF FRUSTRATION and quit at the end.

So 2k, in the year of 2015 and with a brand new console to which we pay to play online as well, how could these all problems be encountered ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Online Stability

ISP: Comcast
Down: 50mbps
Up: 8 mbps
Ping: n/a

I played maybe 700 online ranked games already and most of the games are not smooth to the point where I would say "man, this is like offline." I do have a few games where I notice the lag were pretty darn good (almost like offline) and this is at a time when the game first released and some of the those games came from midnight or past midnight. This lead me to believe that 2K servers can't handle too many people online. They need to seriously invest in NEW SERVERS.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

ISP: Verizon Fios
Down: 50mbps
Up: 50mbps
Ping: 15

Online QM & Play w/Friends lag is not that noticeable. It's basically the same .5 sec delay it's always been. Only time I really get noticeable lag is Jordan Rec. when there's a full gym (where all 4 courts are running and players just standing around doing emotes).

I'm also connected via the LAN cable straight into the PS4 instead of WIFI. If your strictly WIFI expect some lag, especially if you have other members of the household using the same network.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

On Xbox One with Verizon Fios, and wired/wireless makes no difference.

There's only been a few times I've had a "good" game, and honestly I only mean good by 2K standards.

15 or so years into the franchise and we're here playing like it's 2008 still with the lag and disconnects.

Idk what 2K needs to look at when it comes to fixing their problems, if it's not the connectivity it's the lag...when the lag seems to disappear suddenly you start getting booted from games...

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »