Home

Whats the + and - with Body length, wingspan & shoulder width for your myplayer?

This is a discussion on Whats the + and - with Body length, wingspan & shoulder width for your myplayer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Whats the + and - with Body length, wingspan & shoulder width for your myplayer?

Like whats the bad/good thing about having high body length, wingspan or shoulder width and whats the bad/good thing about having low body length, wingspan or shoulder width?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Whats the + and - with Body length, wingspan & shoulder width for your myplayer?

no effect?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:31 AM   #3
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Re: Whats the + and - with Body length, wingspan & shoulder width for your myplayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas85

Like whats the bad/good thing about having high body length, wingspan or shoulder width and whats the bad/good thing about having low body length, wingspan or shoulder width?
Depends on your position, If you're a center it's probably best to have your wingspan maxed.
Mostly it's preference though.
If you spend most of your time protecting the rim = Max wingspan
If you're a PG that loves to dribble. = medium wingspan. etc.

(those arent completely accurate but you gt the gist of it.)
Old 02-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #4
Pro

Max wingspan is always the best, in any scenario.

I think body length and shoulder width are mostly cosmetic in the game.

In theory:

- a long torso and shorter legs would give you a relatively low center of gravity which gives you better balance i think. So it could be good for low post players to get position. Alternatively, a shorter torso and longer legs is something you see in most explosive athletes. Have you ever seen an olympic sprinter/jumper that doesn't have long legs?

- i'm not sure about shoulder width. I suppose having wide shoulders generally indicates the ability to put on more muscle than our narrow shouldered brethren. But yeah, in this game i don't think it has much of an effect.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #5
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I almost always leave the body at default but increase the wingspan quite a bit. My Center is my only player I basically maxed everything to make his as big as possible.

But I've never really noticed anything. If I had to nitpick, I'd say longer legs and arms will lead to you getting ripped more often, but they also lead to increased rebounds.

I've barely noticed anything though really. All the body types this year are basically uniform anyway. Just make your guy the max height for that position and you'll be fine. If you're going for a particular specialty though, like dribbling, then I'd say shorter height and arms is definitely better. It's almost impossible to rip a 6'0" Pg with little arms and maxed playmaking, and I'm a completely maxed out PG from Old Town, badges included. So.. Just try to find what you like.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I think what I noticed is longer wingspan + longer body (shorter legs) = higher jumping on blocks/rebounds..idk why, that's just what I seen.

If you want to be a good dribbler and never get the ball stolen, put lowest wingspan and make your dribble stance low + be like 6' tall.

-Allen Iverson
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #7
Rookie

As someone that has played a lot of games, I don't really see any difference with someone who has a lower or higher body length. I can say that the only thing that makes a difference is that when someone has a higher wingspan, he is able to deflect more passes in the passing lane and contest jumpshots better.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:21 AM   #8
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Shoulder width technically increases/decreases wingspan.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »