Home

If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?

This is a discussion on If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?
Yes, blatant disrespect to the fanbase 32 52.46%
No, 2K did enough to hold us over until 2K26 29 47.54%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: If we don't get another patch...Would a 2K16 boycott be justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWayDownTown
He also could have kept that ridiculous "shareholder" spiel. Their COMMUNITY MANAGERS purport caring about the consumer. They actively and avidly say this ad nauseum. So that point is incredibly moot. The fact that they don't listen to the community and say that they do makes them even worse. And the fact that the only people that they cater to have YouTube accounts makes them look EVEN worse.
What makes that spiel ridiculous, exactly? Do you not think that 2kSports is a business first and foremost, and a publicly traded one at that? If VC is glitched, you can darn well believe they'll fix that first--and you would do the EXACT same thing, because your job would depend on it.

I don't know what NBA 2k15's sales figures are, but NBA 2k14 sold more than 7 million copies. Out of 7 million people, it is impossible to please literally everybody, plus your bosses, managers, investors, etc. What makes the like 15 people on here who care about these issues think they're special?

If you know that they cater to people with youtube accounts, and you want an issue to be addressed, then...here's a thought--create a dang account and do something about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Because at the end of the day, we have to PLAY THE GAME. and gameplay issues are at the core of the problem. Issues have been around forever. Customization. Ok. When you miss a layup with Jordan because a player stood next to you though? That's a damn problem.
I think the problem here is that you think Jordan should never miss a layup.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT34
I think the problem here is that you think Jordan should never miss a layup.

No. The problem is that you accept bs and justify it because u like customization.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #28
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Because at the end of the day, we have to PLAY THE GAME. and gameplay issues are at the core of the problem. Issues have been around forever. Customization. Ok. When you miss a layup with Jordan because a player stood next to you though? That's a damn problem.
You don't "have" to play anything. There's this great thing called free will. You're free to choose to play Live if you want, WoW, Destiny, CoD, Pokemon, I could go on but you get the point. I didn't like the way Fifa did something so I played PES. I didn't like the way Battlefield did something so I played CoD.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
What makes that spiel ridiculous, exactly? Do you not think that 2kSports is a business first and foremost, and a publicly traded one at that? If VC is glitched, you can darn well believe they'll fix that first--and you would do the EXACT same thing, because your job would depend on it.

I don't know what NBA 2k15's sales figures are, but NBA 2k14 sold more than 7 million copies. Out of 7 million people, it is impossible to please literally everybody, plus your bosses, managers, investors, etc. What makes the like 15 people on here who care about these issues think they're special?

If you know that they cater to people with youtube accounts, and you want an issue to be addressed, then...here's a thought--create a dang account and do something about it.

It's ridiculous because you use it an excuse for them. Putting out great product with great customer service(and holding your word) goes a lot further, both financially and with your fan base, than ONLY thinking of shareholders. Yes, it's ridiculous and short sighted. Just like 2K
Old 02-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
You don't "have" to play anything. There's this great thing called free will. You're free to choose to play Live if you want, WoW, Destiny, CoD, Pokemon, I could go on but you get the point. I didn't like the Fifa did something so I played PES. I didn't like the way Battlefield did something so I played CoD.

Yeah. There are people like me that took a break from this game. They marketed it to be of a certain quality while making significant gameplay enhancements(also getting surprisingly great marks from OS...shocking) and people buy it because they want to play basketball games. They simply did not hold up their end of the bargain. Now, I've listed in-depth all the things wrong with this game. Things that have been echoed by patching from the company and still aren't fixed. All I've heard as a pro for the game is.........customization.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:

But if this game is so terrible, why do people come on here and constantly post about how bad it is? Why not just go do something else with your life and spend that money on a nice dinner? It's a video game that you buy from somebody for entertainment purposes. That's all.
Nobody here is venting just because they like to vent, its because theres problems within the game(many) and a lot of people would like it to be fixed. To get it fixed, you have to go somewhere and post about the issues right? But no, instead whenever you post about the issues theres people who are going to say "Then dont buy the game" or "Dont tell me what to do" when 2k sees this, they are gonna think theres no reason to improve because no matter what we're always gonna have people buy the game. That EA Madden mindset, and youve seen the "advancements" EA has made the last ten years.

And obviously we're all here because we like basketball video games, duh. Some just want improvement...

Last edited by MavericksFan1989; 02-09-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericksFan1989
Nobody here is venting just because they like to vent, its because theres problems within the game(many) and a lot of people would like it to be fixed. To get it fixed, you have to go somewhere and post about the issues right? But no, instead whenever you post about the issues theres people who are going to say "Then dont buy the game" or "Dont tell me what to do" when 2k sees this, they are gonna think theres no reason to improve because no matter what we're always gonna have people buy the game. That EA mindset, and youve seen the "advancements" EA has made the last ten years.

And obviously we're all here because we like basketball video games, duh. Some just want improvement...

And if you're gonna tout the game as the most sim experience, I want to see that type of improvement.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »