Home

MyPark and spamming the "Steal" button

This is a discussion on MyPark and spamming the "Steal" button within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MyPark and spamming the "Steal" button

There will always be abusers and those that cry wolf every time someone does well against them. The truth is somewhere in the middle

The thing is - any hard fix to spamming will just harm the single-player game that much more.

I'd rather the mechanic be left alone then it be screwed in the sngle player experience.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #18
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

I wish 2k would bring back the clear out/elbow swing from the old dreamcast days. Back then, you could swing your arms after rebounds to clear space and avoid rips. I don't know how many times I have gotten a timely defensive/offensive rebound and 2-3 defenders reach in spamming the steal button repeatedly before I can even gather myself after coming back down to pass. They would have to balance that with animations. You don't want great offensive rebounders in the game to be able to automatically move you out of the way to pull off easy dunks at the rim and you don't want guys being able to reach in at will and not suffer any consequences..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 AM   #19
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

OVR: 0

The "Strip" animation while driving happens WAY too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »