Home

NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #25
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15: The Park's Scoring Needs To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
The reason why the ball is kicked back outside in MyPark games isn't so that way people can keep heaving it up to try and land a three it's because if you get the ball down low standing and try to move or shoot or put the ball back up in any way eighty percent of the time it will get stripped because the game rewards those with the button mashing strategy.
I wish 2k would bring back the clear out/elbow swing from the old dreamcast days. Back then, you could swing your arms after rebounds to clear space and avoid rips. I don't know how many times I have gotten a timely defensive/offensive rebound and 2-3 defenders reach in spamming the steal button repeatedly before I can even gather myself after coming back down to pass. They would have to balance that with animations. You don't want great offensive rebounders in the game to be able to automatically move you out of the way to pull off easy dunks at the rim and you don't want guys being able to reach in at will and not suffer any consequences..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Like the thinking here. I'll def. discuss with team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkus
What they need to fix is the 7'3" C that are the best at everything, dribbling, 3pt shooting, etc.
Believe me, we've broken it down many times with the dev. team. They're very aware and I'm confident this should be the last year you see this type of thing.
I hope the an in-detail explanation of the changes will be made available for the public; how the system has changed, how caps will work, consequences of different choices, what are the limitations, etc.

It is very frustrating than getting 100+ hours into something only to find out it doesn't work how you thought it did and it's because the game creators were vague on the explanation. To be clear that's not meant to be accusatory, it's just a concern I have as a historically loyal consumer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iimrampage28
Well to be fair...the reason people kick out for another three is the ABYSMAL layup system this year. it makes you miss alot of those "safe put back layups"...
Completely agreed, I get a lot of rebounds and I kick almost all of them because safe putbacks aren't always as safe as they should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
I'm a 7 ft Center on 2k15 and played in a rec game earlier where I was playing shooting guard! Most of the time I never actually get to play Center because everyone else is taller than me, I can't shoot or dribble so it really frustrates me when I have to play small forward or shooting guard.
Like KD said to Wade, "You're too small!" jk jk

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic
Old 02-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0
just to be Capt Obv. here, IRL pickup ball, places with 3pt lines usually play 1s and 2s, without the line it's just 1's. It does change the game a lot. Yeah I hope position-balance, zero in-game boosts online, an equal playing field, and realism are some things 2k16 will put in. I like a little Sim with my MyPark. When someone decides to make a G F or C, they should feel the benefits...and limitations / weaknesses of creating that position. I think height avg per position is a good thing instead of taking the once a generation freaks like Durant and making that common place.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
If you play defense well you won't have to worry about those outside shots...
Old 02-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #29
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

im glad 2k is addressing 7fts for 2k16. They are pretty ridiculous this year
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:24 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Like the thinking here. I'll def. discuss with team.

Believe me, we've broken it down many times with the dev. team. They're very aware and I'm confident this should be the last year you see this type of thing.
Why does 2K make stuff that is so simple be so hard? Whoever came up with the waiting in the rec should be fired right now. The wait times are ridiculous! And if you do wait for that 30-40 minutes, the team on the court usually gets off and you're STILL waiting. The charge cheese is still on the game, just not backcourt. You get to half court and you're sucked into a charge even if you're going the opposite way. No one should be 7ft and moving like a two guard. The rebounding sucks. The playing for upgrades suck. The shooting sucks. I can't make a wide open jumper in a hotspot, yet someone else can make one fading away or hopping behind the line in the corner? Step inside the 3 point line it's an excellent release, behind it it's always slightly early, slightly late. It's so much BS in that game. Soooooo much animation. Every year the same thing. Corny my player story. Buying vc shouldn't even exist. I get you want extra money. And who wants to play as a mascot? Putting stuff like that in a game is why 2K is what it is. Focuse on gameplay and not stuff like that. And why isn't standing out of bounds in the paint 3 seconds? It is in the NBA. People just abuse it. I don't even know why I typed this, none of it will change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »