Home

Replacing Rank Icon with Win-Loss record

This is a discussion on Replacing Rank Icon with Win-Loss record within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Replacing Rank Icon with Win-Loss record

*Edit*

Scratch Win/loss record, use Teammate Grade instead**

What do you guys think?

Pretty much after Allstar Rank one, Its all skills from there versus attributes. its just how much you play versus anything else after that, which is why I think they should implement double rep weekends or something.

Im a decent player (PSN: Flyness163 Rough Rider) but an Allstar 2, and I find great joy looking at Legends NOT jump on the got next spot because of my rank. Then we proceed to go on a streak and knock off one legend team after another (I won 80K VC in a streak yesterday play High Rollers with a Legend 1, and All Star 1).

Sometimes I take chances and team up with Rookie rank players, Sometimes it work, mostly it does not. So having the Icon as Win/Loss record would tell more about the player than what rank they are (Its some garbage Legends out there)

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 02-11-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Replacing Rank Icon with Win-Loss record

I would rather just be able to click their name and see their record and teammate grade.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 02-11-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

That works too, but having the "at-a-glance" factor would still be better that having to load up a profile window.

However I actually would accept have the Teammate grade as the display Icon also, they probably would be better the Win/Loss record
Old 02-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

I think showing Win/Loss would exactly do the opposite of what you want. So only the best players would team-up and earn win after win against people with losing records because nobody wants to play with them.

I just recently evened out my record because the learning curve in playing this game online in the beginning is tough compared to the offline experience and you only get to play with other Rookies at first. Also the higher ranked people take advantage of the rookies which leads in some extend to a 2-class-society.

Long story short, I think the most important thing I would care about is the teammate grade and the number of shots somebody is jacking up. The ugliest thing in the park is a freaking ball hog with no defense.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Pro

Please remove the rank icon in general... I hate when Im squaded up, and the other team leaves because they see 2-3 Legend 2's and legend 1's... We can lose to damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I agree BenBob0mb.

Maybe they should just show the teammate grade instead. So people that has low grades will be exposed and a lot of players will not want to play with them. That'll give them motive when they do play, to try and get that grade up. I don't mind the rank staying because that's what a lot of people worked hard for and like to show their results.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 02-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Yea After reading your first reply, I agree showing Teammate Grade as the icon would be better

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 02-12-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah, I don't play these modes anymore but if I did I'd rather see a players teammate grade more than anything else. I remember playing teamup or whatever it was earlier on PS3 and having a 74 rated PG come down and chuck shots and try to cherry pick all game, I would have backed out of the match up If I had seen something like a D- teammate grade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »