Home

Why are we getting the short end offline with details

This is a discussion on Why are we getting the short end offline with details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Why are we getting the short end offline with details

Details

Christmas Shoes

Black History Month Shoes

All Star Shoes

All Star Jerseys

Christmas Jerseys

Now the Rising Stars game has nether the jerseys nor the correct players
it looks almost untouched

You have the shoes we can't recreate with the editor and not only are they ot even on the players but they're in the My Player store, all of them for 10,000 VC but we get nothing at all.

We can't put the shoes on the all star players

The jerseys are wrong and overall it kills the experience for this weekend.

Sure I can ignore it all and just play Fun n Gun with whomever is there... but what is happening here?

Is it greed, is it just we don't care? Are we now at the point we'll just throw all kinds of stuff online because you can cash in on it all but screw the rest of the gamers?

Im not liking this trend at all. I enjoy the game but man whats going on with the art section of this game? I won't even get into other stuff like the morgue lighting but just shoes and uniforms.. whats the deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 AM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Why are we getting the short end offline with details

Plus, in an offline MyCareer, you can never upgrade badges past bronze.

Unless you're playing the PC version and using Cheat Engine, but still.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:02 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Agreed.

The lack of attention to detail on this stuff is worrisome.. I'd honestly be embarrassed to represent the art team and have things like incorrect X-Mas/ All Star jerseys out there.

Hopefully the next addition from the community is an art guy who will really nail this stuff...
Old 02-14-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Great Post 23
Old 02-14-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Could it be the developers don't care about offline players since they don't generate revenue?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Details

Christmas Shoes

Black History Month Shoes

All Star Shoes

All Star Jerseys

Christmas Jerseys

Now the Rising Stars game has nether the jerseys nor the correct players
it looks almost untouched

You have the shoes we can't recreate with the editor and not only are they ot even on the players but they're in the My Player store, all of them for 10,000 VC but we get nothing at all.

We can't put the shoes on the all star players

The jerseys are wrong and overall it kills the experience for this weekend.

Sure I can ignore it all and just play Fun n Gun with whomever is there... but what is happening here?

Is it greed, is it just we don't care? Are we now at the point we'll just throw all kinds of stuff online because you can cash in on it all but screw the rest of the gamers?

Im not liking this trend at all. I enjoy the game but man whats going on with the art section of this game? I won't even get into other stuff like the morgue lighting but just shoes and uniforms.. whats the deal.
I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I believe that the BHM shoes have been added. I think the X-mas ones too, but I'd have to check (if not, wow). However both X-Mas and All-Star jerseys are there and have been before the actual dates of the associated games. Not sure why you're not getting them.

However, I do agree that 2K used to do a better job at this in the past. For the past two games X-Mas shoes have been added after-the-fact, where is the past, X-Mas shoes and jerseys were added on the 25th of December.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #7
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I believe that the BHM shoes have been added. I think the X-mas ones too, but I'd have to check (if not, wow). However both X-Mas and All-Star jerseys are there and have been before the actual dates of the associated games. Not sure why you're not getting them.

However, I do agree that 2K used to do a better job at this in the past. For the past two games X-Mas shoes have been added after-the-fact, where is the past, X-Mas shoes and jerseys were added on the 25th of December.
They are only in the my player store.that's some bull.

The Christmas jersey is there but wrong. All star jersey wrong. All those shoes are only in the my player store for 10000 vc.

The rising stars game always got generic uniforms but couple that with a fake roster no subs and fake names and it's double lame .

How can you not get the uniforms right? Just scan that crap. My player keeps getting all kinds of new dlc crap and they probably don't even use half if it. It's silly
Old 02-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #8
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They are only in the my player store.that's some bull.

The Christmas jersey is there but wrong. All star jersey wrong. All those shoes are only in the my player store for 10000 vc.

The rising stars game always got generic uniforms but couple that with a fake roster no subs and fake names and it's double lame .

How can you not get the uniforms right? Just scan that crap. My player keeps getting all kinds of new dlc crap and they probably don't even use half if it. It's silly
I stand corrected. Just checked and, ya, many shoes missing. KD is even equipped with his shoe from last year (KD VI), unless you edit it. In regards to BHM, only Lebron is equipped with them, but you can't equip them on anyone else. I know that the jersey are not accurate, but they did what they could with teir codes. I agree that they should get this right though.

Ya, offline players get the shaft.

Message for 2K: Could you please make these available for offline players? Some of us just play 'NBA Today' and other offline games, so I don't see why not release all of these goodies (e.g. Legends and shoes) for those that don't play online much; if at all. I don't buy/spend VC so in reality, I'm only getting a portion of my game when I play on my own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »