Home

Mid Range Cheese in Jordan Rec.

This is a discussion on Mid Range Cheese in Jordan Rec. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mid Range Cheese in Jordan Rec.

So initially I believed the cheese with midrange was the Kobe shot. It's not..

Everyone is using a quick shot and going to the midrange and shooting. It's not even exclusive to one faction, everyone is doing it.

It's so effective I had a friend score 100 points in the rec center with it.

It really needs to be patched immediately, there are even entire starting 5s who all just shoot midrange and it's almost impossible to stop.

Even with good shot defense it'll still go in and I have no idea why it's even effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Mid Range Cheese in Jordan Rec.

just dont play online. it helps
Old 02-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
just dont play online. it helps

Then I probably wouldnt buy 2k lol
Old 02-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Would you rather them spam threes and the paint, like most people seem to have a problem with? Just saying
Old 02-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

This game is just turning into "who finds the best way to exploit cheese and win".
No basketball being played at all..it's sad...

And it's 100% on 2K to fix it.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

SCAxSteff's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
This game is just turning into "who finds the best way to exploit cheese and win".
No basketball being played at all..it's sad...

And it's 100% on 2K to fix it.
Well thats what online gaming is all about i guess.
I remember a recent Fifa UT where everyone had taraabt because he could score the craziest long shots out of all players.

People always try to find the most efficient things for them in the game and spam them because that way they are better of than by trying to play like somebody in real life.

To stop this you have to change your defense just like teams would in real life. Thats hard to do and sometimes its not enough like pre patch with the Lavine dunks in myteam.
Other than that you can do anti realistic things to stop it as 2k like shot fatigue but nobody wants that as well.

So for some issues its really not like 2k is just lazy to not fix it
Old 02-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

Wow theres no such thing as no cheesing for you whiners, every friggin thing is cheese. Shooting 3s is cheese, low post game is cheese, shooting from midrange is now cheese.. what isn't cheese, letting you win?
Old 02-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMG007
So initially I believed the cheese with midrange was the Kobe shot. It's not..

Everyone is using a quick shot and going to the midrange and shooting. It's not even exclusive to one faction, everyone is doing it.

It's so effective I had a friend score 100 points in the rec center with it.

It really needs to be patched immediately, there are even entire starting 5s who all just shoot midrange and it's almost impossible to stop.

Even with good shot defense it'll still go in and I have no idea why it's even effective.
ok 1st off when did shooting a mid-range shot become cheese? i literally lived off the midrange shot since 2k9. is it hard to defend? yes. is it cheese? not in my opinion. There are plenty of nba players who have made their living off the mid-range. Jordan, melo, westbrook, aldridge, garnett just to name a few. maybe we have two different definitions of cheese. behind the back, zig-zag, 7ft sf, and 7ft3 standing under basket holding circle to get every rebound is all cheese. but to say the mid-range shot in general is cheese is ridiculous in my eyes. everyone having deadeye badge made playing defense on mid a little more challenging, but its not impossible to stop. especially if you have perimeter lockdown badge. you just cant give up any space.

and you know someone that scored 100 pts in rec??? really??? i would love to see proof. they must have played against the absolute worst team of 2nd graders. Its hard enough to score 100 pts as a team against decent competition, but you're telling me he shot no 3s and all mid? that is verrry hard to believe.

you're asking 2k to patch and take away the mid, whats a legit bucket in your eyes? you want to see all lay-ups and 3s? haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »