Home

Official Next Gen. (PS4/Xbox ONE) MyPark and Stage thread

This is a discussion on Official Next Gen. (PS4/Xbox ONE) MyPark and Stage thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Next Gen. (PS4/Xbox ONE) MyPark and Stage thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musty_Elbow
Is there anyone on ps4 that I can team up with that's not selfish as hell and passes the ball more than once? I just started playing park and in about 20 games I've had one person play smart basketball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincythunder
More than willing to play with you. I'm tired of losing games because of my teammates chucking up 3s and keeping bricking them. My psn is in OP ^^ I'm in sunset ballers

Professional passer at your disposal. I am a baller, which I should have stuck with my original knuckleheads, but in Rivet City a PG wasn't a need when you had a 7'0 SF with the same capabilities everywhere and I I switched before the patch and didn't want to be known as a 'Phony Flyer'.

My username on OP and PSN are one in the same.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 02-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #18
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Is there a way 2k can stop people from joining flyers? because its getting out of hand now.. and its messing with everyone rep because if you go to the rec center all you see is flyers and playing against your own affiliations does no good for your rep.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
My friend said that once you become a Legend 3, your allowed to keep your Rank Despite switching Parks but I don't believe this. Is it true or just complete Bull****.

2k needs to add something to encourage team ball over hogging the ball. Whenever I play with one of my friends at the Park and the PG does not pass the ball we just don't pass it to them for the rest of the game. I hate doing that but it all I can do just to teach them a lesson. It not 1v3 or 1v5, you have other people on the damn court, use them.
I don't think there's much more 2k can do about that. They made it so that a good teammate grade and a win gets you the most vc which in turn makes you rank up quicker. Ballhogging is probably the least efficient way of ranking up since passing and defense give you better teammate grade boosts than scoring. Some people simply enjoy playing like borderline mongoloids. I don't think we should be mad at them though, for all we know basic basketball (passing, spacing, cuts, defense, boxing out, etc etc) is to them what rocket science is to me.

The one thing i'd like to see next year is ranking up from rookie to pro and so on like it is now, based on vc made playing park/rec. However the twist would be that you'd only get 3 stars with an average teammate grade of maybe B+ or A-.

On another note, something else i'd like fixed next year. I was playing some park earlier and eventually joined two 7' sf's. I say "eventually" because i prefer not to play with them as it's a way of acknowledging their existence and thus in a way encouraging their putrid mindsets, however i was tired of waiting for a game so i had to set my principles aside... but i digress.

Anyway, i was using my 6'6 pf and was fully expecting to get the center spot. Now, much to my dismay the game put me at the pg spot. This annoys me for two reasons:
- i'm now forced to guard a 95 speed/quickness player and most likely an outside shooter. This is not my pf's specialty.
- my two gigantic teammates assumed i was a pg/sg and kept passing me the ball to dribble upcourt even though defenders were all over me, this resulted in a couple turnovers. They also kept occupying my paint which is extremely annoying. I always make sure not to join a team with another pf or a c for that very reason, now it looks like i'll have to start avoiding sf's as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »