Home

free agents disappearing

This is a discussion on free agents disappearing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 PM   #17
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: free agents disappearing

I can't promise this will be on a patch for 2K15, but we're already working on fixing this behavior and making much more realistic decisions on which players that enter the offseason without a team decide to retire.

To clarify, this is not an issue about low-rated draftees replacing the free agents. There's plenty of space in the roster for the draftees to be slotted into. This is a retirement issue.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 03-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I can't promise this will be on a patch for 2K15, but we're already working on fixing this behavior and making much more realistic decisions on which players that enter the offseason without a team decide to retire.

To clarify, this is not an issue about low-rated draftees replacing the free agents. There's plenty of space in the roster for the draftees to be slotted into. This is a retirement issue.

Thanks for the update, if you cant fix it this yr which I doubt you will being as late as it is, hopefully its taken care of in NBA2k16.

Personally if this gets fixed, along with footplanting being tighten up, although I don't have much of a issue with it as is, but it could be tighten up some, I will be thrilled.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-05-2015, 03:57 AM   #19
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

To refer back to our earlier situation Leftos, that's where the frustration and cynical attitude stems from because issues don't get resolved in the game we have purchased and invested time into... its not that we don't appreciate that you take note and fix it in next years iteration, and I understand that there will be adjustments along the way, but its the fact that it's left that way and it's kinda like, oh well just wait till next year's version!

either way we appreciate you chipping in here, and shedding some light on the situation, that's all we ask man!

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 03-05-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepOklahoma
If you're a One Team Only Franchise Guy like me, you could edit the roster before you even start, and sign a lot of the bigger names to one year deals to their previous team, or any team w/ space then give them a season long Suspension or injury, then start the Franchise after that. I just thought of it and I'm going to give it a try right now.
Assigning players a season ending injury gives you another roster spot right? Did this work for you?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Thanks a lot for clearing up this issue. I've been wondering about what the problem with players going missing was every since I played around with the off season in a MyLeague save. It'd be great if y'all could fix this problem in a year end patch or something for 2K15 as I am a avid long term franchise type player and this was pretty much my only issue with the MyGM/MyLeague game modes this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »