Home

Can you switch teams mid franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Can you switch teams mid franchise mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
Banned

zbreezy100's Arena

OVR: 0
Can you switch teams mid franchise mode?

I want to switch teams to sign perkins to the cavs and switch to the pelicans to release ray allen who will likely never sign there is there a way to do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Re: Can you switch teams mid franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbreezy100
I want to switch teams to sign perkins to the cavs and switch to the pelicans to release ray allen who will likely never sign there is there a way to do this?
No, if your playing MyLeague the only way to do it would be 30 team control. I have that problem with Ray Allen signing with the Pelicans as well.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbreezy100
You can't switch teams, but (assuming you're playing MyLeague) you should be able to trade for Perkins, then trade him to the correct team. Just add yours and OKC's second round picks when you make trades so you can swap them back at the end.

You should be able to do the same for Allen as well. Trade for him, lower his contract and cut him. You may run into trouble with you roster requirements if you have injured players or too many players, but there's workarounds for that as well. Of course, all of this is going to come at the expense of your Team's Morale, but if that's something you're willing to deal with, then you can certainly make as many moves as you want to.

Personally, I control two teams. My main team the Pelicans and my second team the Celtics. The Celtics are my favorite team in real life, so I control their roster, draft for them, etc, but also use them as a way to facilitate all of the real life trades. It can be a headache, but it's better than 30 team control or starting over, plus if I ever get tired of playing with the Pels, then I can just switch over to the C's.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

shaun007miller's Arena

OVR: 2

You could just go to options, turn off trade logic, adjust the rosters, move players...whatever you need to do, then turn trade logic back on. Problem solved.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
Banned

zbreezy100's Arena

Thanks for all the feed back guys. It really chaps my *** that they won't let you just change teams mid season in an offline association like they had on the games for the older console it made things 100 times easier, also how they won't let you start a franchise from current date is also stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »