Home

Why is it "okay" to cheat?

This is a discussion on Why is it "okay" to cheat? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #49
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is it "okay" to cheat?

Wiserbk I see where you are coming from about the counters. The thing is that a zig zagger online gets me maybe once out of every 10 tries (my counter is simple: take one small step to the direction he's going, STOP, and wait for him to come back. lol they always come back.) Try zig zagging me offline and you won't get me once out of 50 tries. The LAG is the issue really. Over the last 5 years offline 2K and online 2k feels like two different games because of input delay. That's the root of all 2K evils; the lag/input delay.

I love figuring this game out detail by detail as you guys might have seen from my YouTube videos. But I am not going to try to figure out moves to overcome LAG; that seems insane to me. And is on 2K to fix that up.

Sam Pham
Old 03-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Wiserbk I see where you are coming from about the counters. The thing is that a zig zagger online gets me maybe once out of every 10 tries (my counter is simple: take one small step to the direction he's going, STOP, and wait for him to come back. lol they always come back.) Try zig zagging me offline and you won't get me once out of 50 tries. The LAG is the issue really. Over the last 5 years offline 2K and online 2k feels like two different games because of input delay. That's the root of all 2K evils; the lag/input delay.

I love figuring this game out detail by detail as you guys might have seen from my YouTube videos. But I am not going to try to figure out moves to overcome LAG; that seems insane to me. And is on 2K to fix that up.

Sam Pham
How would you counter guys who literally go from one side of the court to the other. If you take one step and stop, the guy would just keep going across the court till he gets his 3pt shot.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:20 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
How would you counter guys who literally go from one side of the court to the other. If you take one step and stop, the guy would just keep going across the court till he gets his 3pt shot.
Depends on how fast he's going and if he got a step on you initially. Then you use either the left stick lightly pressed, left stick fully pressed, L Trigger + Turbo or a light use of turbo to meet him where he will end up. And when you get there you ease up on stick so that when he switches directions you're are read to meet him or agian are you are ready to use that R Stick if he pulls up. Practice. You'll get it. And turn defensive assist down to zero so it's not guessing for you and puts you out of position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Depends on how fast he's going and if he got a step on you initially. Then you use either the left stick lightly pressed, left stick fully pressed, L Trigger + Turbo or a light use of turbo to meet him where he will end up. And when you get there you ease up on stick so that when he switches directions you're are read to meet him or agian are you are ready to use that R Stick if he pulls up. Practice. You'll get it. And turn defensive assist down to zero so it's not guessing for you and puts you out of position.
I've always had it at zero since I started playing the game. Do you play online? I'd be really interested in playing against you, with me just doing the side to side stuff I come up against, and then you doing it to me, to see how I defend it.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #53
Rookie

I'm on Xbox one. Gamertag is Illmatic thumbs. I play mostly quick match because I don't trust my teammates to defend or make the right play in my park. I attached my record just in case people think I didn't put the time in to back up what I'm saying. Most of my losses come from me competing against Warriors Cavs Thunder and Blazers with middling or bad teams like Timberwolves or Pelicans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (606.2 KB, 104 views)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #54
Banned

You're on the wrong platform for me!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #55
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

The whole point I was making is that if 2K isn't willing or able to fix the things that cause people headaches, then that's when they should start cleaning up the game from people that abuse that stuff.

What I can't understand is how people can argue against that? I even said it's not impossible for me to beat them, I still win most games. The point being, is why should we have to deal with it?

I do complain to 2K, I have voiced concern to them. On twitter, @2K support. They aren't too worried about anything other than things effecting VC. Do I wanna be that guy? No. I don't. But to me it seems like as long as these people are online making them money, they don't care if they're ruining the realistic basketball experience that 2K made possible.

The games plays fine other than lag, when you're playing with like-minded players. Play with these people who exploit the things we been talking about? You gotta counter them with just as unrealistic things.

That is not the answer. At all.

To me, the only thing to do now is patch these things or let the people know it's not okay to do it. Don't settle for mediocrity. Don't allow these people to ruin the fun. Regardless of if they make you money or not, stand up for your own game's integrity when you market it as the best sim experience.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #56
Rookie

[quote=HowDareI;2047097521]The whole point I was making is that if 2K isn't willing or able to fix the things that cause people headaches, then that's when they should start cleaning up the game from people that abuse that stuff.

What I can't understand is how people can argue against that? I even said it's not impossible for me to beat them, I still win most games. The point being, is why should we have to deal with it?

The games plays fine other than lag, when you're playing with like-minded players. Play with these people who exploit the things we been talking about? You gotta counter them with just as unrealistic things.

My question/challenge to you is to tell me an exploit. The exact exploit. I'll tell you a realistic way exactly to counter it. Except for 7 ft 3 people, just like in real life height wins. If you want to argue to 2K that 7 foot people shouldn't be allowed to move like forwards that is a legit argument. But that's not getting change as long as you can buy VC to increase attributes. Any other "exploit" I'll tell you EXACTLY how to counter. Give me one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »