Home

Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

This is a discussion on Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

If you really did hold your own on defense you would be ecstatic when someone uses zig zag because it's so easy to defend. You wouldn't be wanting zig zag to be easier to defend. It's easy already. The guy is running back and forth lol. You should be praying he keeps doing that and DOESNT Figure out a mean pick and roll game and certain dominant play branches or a sick legit handle.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #34
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok man. You're right.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 03-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #35
Rookie

Listen man. I don't have video recording capability. (Kinect broke) but if you post a video of someone doing zig zag cheese I'll tell you exactly what the defender is doing wrong. Then when you try it out you'll see success. Bet you'll be a believer then. It's in my best interest to share this information so they don't nerf offense to compensate for people bad defense and so they give us even MORE precise controls and options on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #36
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I'm going to quickly chime in on this subject. Honestly, online input lag affects the defense a lot more than the offense. When on offense, you just make a move. On defense, it is up to me to ANTICIPATE your move. If the online input lag prevents me from making a millisecond decision, then that millisecond difference is ALWAYS in favor of the offense. Is short, I move left to anticipate your move, but on your end you already moved the sick to go right to get past me. On my screen though, I only see my man going left before you moved right. Throw in the sliding animations and poor foot planting, and the offense is always at an advantage 90% of the time. In NBA 2K11, feathering the left stick was WAAAYYYY more precise. If I wanted to go into "lock down" mode, I had a genuinely chance of doing so.

And we're not even going to get into the awkward shot blocking animations at the rim where the player is swapping at the air or weird angles. With all these stupid sliding and "pushed backwards" animations, it's difficult to time a clean block. In NBA 2K11, if I saw you coming and timed it perfectly, most times then not I was going to send your shot into the bleachers.

And for the record, people stop playing NBA 2K11 online, because 2K Sports took down the servers. There are pretty strong communities that still play this game offline.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm going to quickly chime in on this subject. Honestly, online input lag affects the defense a lot more than the offense. When on offense, you just make a move. On defense, it is up to me to ANTICIPATE your move. If the online input lag prevents me from making a millisecond decision, then that millisecond difference is ALWAYS in favor of the offense. Is short, I move left to anticipate your move, but on your end you already moved the sick to go right to get past me. On my screen though, I only see my man going left before you moved right. Throw in the sliding animations and poor foot planting, and the offense is always at an advantage 90% of the time. In NBA 2K11, feathering the left stick was WAAAYYYY more precise. If I wanted to go into "lock down" mode, I had a genuinely chance of doing so.

And we're not even going to get into the awkward shot blocking animations at the rim where the player is swapping at the air or weird angles. With all these stupid sliding and "pushed backwards" animations, it's difficult to time a clean block. In NBA 2K11, if I saw you coming and timed it perfectly, most times then not I was going to send your shot into the bleachers.

And for the record, people stop playing NBA 2K11 online, because 2K Sports took down the servers. There are pretty strong communities that still play this game offline.
I can't argue anymore. It's just incredibly frustrating and bewildering to do something every game but hear you guys say it's impossible. And to listen to claims an earlier build with less control with older hardware in which the controllers had even less precise thumb sticks to begin with is better than this years. It's just baffling. Nothing will convince you guys you just made up your minds already. I will demonstrate why you are wrong my Xbox one gamer tag is Illmatic thumbs. If no one plays me so I can demonstrate, whatever. Don't care anymore. Good reminder why I rarely post on OS or have discussions online. Not one person asks for tips or the exact button presses I make. All I hear is it can be done, you don't care what I think or see. You don't care about my record. Ok. Whatever.

Last edited by wiserbk; 03-01-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:21 PM   #38
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Agreed. I honestly feel I would still be playing if the servers weren't down. Maybe just this year I would've stopped.

From the guys posts it seems like something is wrong w/ him. Like he doesn't know what to do with his self because some people won't agree w/ him.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 03-01-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Listen man. I don't have video recording capability. (Kinect broke) but if you post a video of someone doing zig zag cheese I'll tell you exactly what the defender is doing wrong. Then when you try it out you'll see success. Bet you'll be a believer then. It's in my best interest to share this information so they don't nerf offense to compensate for people bad defense and so they give us even MORE precise controls and options on defense.
You don't need kinect don't the X1 have video recording capabilities. Upload it to youtube, prove it that lag doesn't force you to lose control because in 2k15 it DOES online...
Old 03-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Stick Skill was EASIER in nba 2k11. Just like checkers is easier than chess. Doesn't make it better. Stick skill is harder to master in nba 2k15 because you have more control of the movement. More control is a good thing in my book.
I can appreciate more control of movement being good in your book. Appreciate 2k11 having more stick control in mine. I'm not here to undermine your opinion so please, reciprocate. Hey some people think 2k15 is the greatest basketball video game of all time and they're entitled to their opinion. I think 2k15 is a good game, with an enormous amount of legacy issues, including online lag. Offline this game plays great, but in my opinion, Nba 2k11 handled better. Apparently others share my opinion as evidenced by similar post in this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »