Home

Worst rage moment this game caused?

This is a discussion on Worst rage moment this game caused? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #41
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Worst rage moment this game caused?

I got pissed so bad one game where I was up the entire game, winning each quarter, then the 4th came and I couldn't hit jack squat! OK I decided to take it to the hoop and try and get to the line. You know that animation where the player gets grabbed by the shoulders and thrown to the floor....obvious foul right? WRONG! I Get tossed like yesterdays garbage, I kindly proceed to eject the disc ...throw it out the room.

Only to realize my dog was out there. Last thing I need is him messing up my future "store credit" lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #42
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatic77
Running a fast break in MyCareer, Amarie Stoudamire all alone for an easy lay up/dunk, I pass it to him, he catches then immediately passes it 10 feet back to the point guard, PG misses a contested jump shot, fast break dead smh.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #43
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I can say with all honesty that NBA 2k series is by far the most frustrating gaming series ever for me but no way in hell i'm throwing or breaking anything i'm going to have to pay for. It's worse than any RPG where you have to grind XP and worse than any fighting game with the god like boss at the end. I'll eventually get that XP or get the win on that boss but there are things in NBA 2k that you can do nothing about and they've been going on what seems like for ever. I have never made a video game and I'm not one of those to say game developers are lazy cause there is a lot in the game but they really need to get some things worked out big time.

Part of the frustration is the game over all can be so good, attention to detail is there, fun when you're not dealing with the many many problems is there but then those things that aggravate pop up big time.

I don't play HOF, it's either Allstar or Superstar mode for me. Times when it's determined that you aren't going to get that rebound, I press the button and there's that gather animation which doesn't always happen but when it does you know you're not getting it even though you have position.

I am guarding my man running out toward the 3 pt line the ball gets passed to a guy cutting toward the basket and all of a sudden he was my man and it's my fault he scored and got the pass. i'm in the passing lane and the ball goes through my player or my player does that stupid short arm animation where I can't pick off the pass.

Hate when myplayer who's the star player of the team can't make a damn layup or dunk the ball. If any player in the NBA missed as many layups under the basket or dunks in the game he wouldn't be in the NBA much less a star player. Simple passes to a team mate 3 or 4 feet away go 3 feet over his head and out of bounds.

I'm dribbling the ball and get hit or just lose the ball for no reason for the turn over, meanwhile the CPU player dribbling through my whole damn team, heavy traffic and doesn't lose the ball once...you can even see the ball going through my teammates while they are dribbling.

Hate when I have a team mate who is hot, hitting 3s, hitting his jumpers then I pass him the ball on layup and of course he misses. Teammates right under the basket for an easy layup but they would rather pass it out to someone for a hard jump shot that of course is missed. CPU players taking 20 ft turn around jumpers that of course always goes, seems like all of the turn around jumpers they take go in.

These are just things that I remembered I'm sure I have missed some and they have at some point made me put the game down for a few days or at least turn it off and play something else Most of these have plagued this series for sometime....I really think it's time they get fixed.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:29 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wheb i used to play on my PG , i experienced so much BS. But my biggest rage was just screaming COME ON 2k !!! What the FXCK !!! STOP this BULLSHXT! AND threw my pillow and just go so pissed

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #45
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

I gotta few things to name that piss me off on a daily/weekly basis

First of all i find very annoying that 2K presents this game to users as 'most realistic & superior basketball game on market' where in reality 2k15 is most polished game graphics wise, gameplay wise game is mediocre at least, wouldn't call it realistic or sim game at all, i'd rather describe this game as basketball game with nice details and graphics that goes in package with broken and mediocre gameplay mechanics, heavily animation driven.

Yesterday i was playing against my friend offline head to head, random teams i got GSW and he got CHA, at one moment during 3rd quarter he was running the fastbreak with M.Williams and he was about to lob the alley oop to Noah Vonleh and I was controlling Harrison Barnes on defense i pressed square button to deflect the alley oop attempt and guess what ?! my player (Barnes) jumped so dammmmnnnn unrealistically high that i immediately paused the game, went to instant replay just to see how bad it is, to my surprise Barnes jumped so high that his right hand was almost at top of the backboard, needless to say i deflected the ball but it was jump outta this world i guess his vertical at that very moment was maybe 60-65 inches (mike wang what the heck dude, this ain't space jam bruh)

Another thing that annoys the hell outta me is a bunch of unrealistic players, i always use these 2k official rosters with slightly edited sliders and we always play offline head to head but the thing is every team that got one 'nba proven dunker & posterizer' (westbrook, durant, harrison barnes, blake griffin etc etc) every game where one of those players actually plays we got like 4-5 poster dunks per game..why?!?! because those players are proven NBA dunkers, the hell with that Harrison Barnes posterized Nikola Pekovic last season i could name his poster dunks since he joined NBA but somehow 2K sees him as Shawn Kemp so he's scripted or whatever you call that so he can dunk on someone every single game when in fastbreak situation (SUCKSSSSS big time)

Last thing i'm gonna mention on this post is alley oop defense aka stopping alley oops. Few days ago i found myself in situation where 3 of my players were in the paint area and opponent was running the fastbreak with 2 players (Lowry & DeRozan) i was Philly, so Lowry dribbles the ball down the court sprinting , DeRozan was cutting on the other side and i had in the paint Noel, Covington & Mbah a Moute he tossed alley oop for DeRozan i jumped with Noel to swat the ball and somehow (only possible in 2k universe i guess) the ball was flying among 6 arms and finished in the DeRozan hand for nasty alley oop ! why ??? probably because 2k sees DeRozan as unstoppable force when it comes to putting the ball through the rim.

I swear to God i won't be buying this sh*t anymore this game is more scripted than call of duty singleplayer when 10 NPC soldiers wait for you to cross invisible line so they can move forward to the field that was empty just to find out that when your soldier steps on that battlefield it's gonna crawl with enemy soldiers.

I was cool with that 10-15 years ago but nowadays hell nah, i'm supposed to play the basketball game where outcome was set even before game started and i'm not stupid to see that because i'm in basketball for a long time as a player, momentum is always even in real basketball but not that much as 2K highlights it, the gamebreaking point was so obvious in one of the games i played where my opponent had 14 team fouls in 1st & 2nd quarter and during the 3rd quarter they had 1 team foul for entire quarter, my players were literally tossed to the ground but without fouls not to mention flagrants, that's the moment when i had enough of the bullsh*t scripted animations and such...c'mon 2k apparently when i drive to the rim with Reggie Jackson into 3 defenders each bumping my player just so i could get hit by Brook Lopez in the air, the outcome = reggie jackson falls on his back from pretty high altitude ... game continues just normally no matter my player was lying on the ground while opponents run the fastbreak without the freaking foul (Blocking foul slider was on 90 just to mention) nba 2k15 = self proclaimed best bball game out there, broken as hell but packed into nice appearance with flashy graphics so the next time you see gordon hayward hair swingin' we should appreciate that because somewhere in the world 2k devs thinks that simulation is about hair swingin' and armpits..lmfao peacee

I CAN'T HELP MYSELF, I KEEP PLAYING THIS SH*T BECAUSE I LOVE GAME OF BASKETBALL, I'M AVID FAN OF THE GAME BUT 2K NEED SOME COMPETITION OTHERWISE I'M DESTINED EVERY YEAR TO BREAK SOME TV'S, CONSOLES AND SUCH, I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH 2K I JUST HAVE PROBLEM WITH MARKETING, IF THEY PUT IT LIKE THIS NBA 2K15 - CASUAL AND ARCADE BASKETBALL EXPERIENCE I WOULDN'T EXPECT MUCH AND I WOULD PROLLY AVOID THE GAME BUT THEY ADVERTISE THE GAME AS SOMETHING SO FREAKIN' SPECIAL LIKE IT'S OUTTA THIS WORLD, MOST REALISTIC BASKETBALL SIMULATION BY IGN, BY GAMESTOP, BY KOTAKU BLA BLA BLA AND SINCE I'M DIE HARD BASKETBALL FAN I FALL FOR THESE LINES IMAGING THAT I'M BUYING SOMETHING THAT I WILL ENJOY WHOLE YEAR IT DOESNT MATTER IF I LOSE EVERY GAME BY 10 POINTS, THE ONLY THING I CAN'T STAND ARE UNREALISTIC AND ARCADISH THINGS PACKED INTO SO CALLED SIMULATION BUNDLE, BEST BASKETBALL SIMULATION MY A** !

Last edited by FrequentFlyer15; 03-12-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #46
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

^lol raging so hard he wrote a book about it. We all feel your pain.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #47
Rookie

this game definitely pisses me off, but i dnt throw controllers. for some reason only ea games causes me to break controllers
Old 03-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #48
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I forget what I was raging about, but it was in 2k13; I ended up chest passing my controller into a solid oak dresser. Yep, I stopped playing 2k for like 2-3 weeks after that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »