Home

Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

This is a discussion on Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tried giving this game a chance again, and while it's a good game, the prolonged animations leading to stupidly ridiculous player sliding just takes me out of the game.

What wast the last game where you actually controlled you player, and not the animations? Nba 2k8? (i think demo of cavs vs spurs was a really good one)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Which was the last NBA 2k game without horrific sliding?

By sliding do you mean player control? If so I don't remember 2k8 have sliding issues. In my opinion it had the best controls in NBA 2k in terms of last gen 360/ps3 and current gen ps4/x1. The game that bothered me the most with players sliding is NBA 2K9. It was horrendous in that department.

I totally agree with 2k15 having this issue. I haven't played NBA live this gen but their controls last gen beats 2k year in and year. 2K needs to fix player controls and sliding badly. It feels clunky at times to me and sometimes unresponsive especially playing online because the lag makes sliding appear worse due to the lack of controls.

Last edited by UWfan206; 02-27-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Dare I say it?

NBA 2K11....
Old 02-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #4
Pro

I remember being able to completely lock down people using on ball defense in 2k13. Same on offense, mcglocklin (spin/stepback/leaning/etc midrange jumpers) was one of my go to guys if my defender had no idea what he was doing. Dribbling was on point. So probably that one, i loved that gameplay except for the excessive turbo and lack of blocks. It's beyond me how the gameplay (animations/controls/responsiveness, not talking about ai/plays/etc) went from being so close to perfect to the mess we have now. IIRC 2k14 on ps3 wasn't this bad either.

These last two installments on ps4/x1 have been absolutely horrible in terms of control, responsiveness and use of illogical animations in general. When playing online it actually feels like i'm trying to beat the game instead of my opponent.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I remember being able to completely lock down people using on ball defense in 2k13. Same on offense, mcglocklin (spin/stepback/leaning/etc midrange jumpers) was one of my go to guys if my defender had no idea what he was doing. Dribbling was on point. So probably that one, i loved that gameplay except for the excessive turbo and lack of blocks. It's beyond me how the gameplay (animations/controls/responsiveness, not talking about ai/plays/etc) went from being so close to perfect to the mess we have now. IIRC 2k14 on ps3 wasn't this bad either.

These last two installments on ps4/x1 have been absolutely horrible in terms of control, responsiveness and use of illogical animations in general. When playing online it actually feels like i'm trying to beat the game instead of my opponent.
They are simply trying to make it look pretty and when you have the option to setup animations that would result in the same output if chained together in real life, it makes for a cluster.

I can honestly say I have tried every single combination of dribble posture/Iso Crossover/Iso Spin/Iso Behind the Back/Iso Hesitations and of course the size-up with every layup package and it's always something. I have every dribble badge and have them all firing except stepback freeze. It's so lame.

As far as shot animations and connecting them with fadeaways, post fades/hoperators/stepbacks, hop jumpers and spin jumpers I have been pretty lucky.

The concept of making the character completely unique is wonderful, but I wouldn't mind seeing some full packages thrown in there for the more casual gamers.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Dare I say it?

NBA 2K11....
Most overrated game of all time. #NotSorry.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Just slightly move your left stick in 2K11 - just a soft touch - and you're opponent defender will fly out of the way for no reason haha.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #8
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Most overrated game of all time. #NotSorry.

Best overall 2K game till this day. Nowhere near as being the most overrated game of all time.

2K15s defense is better offline. Online, I am going with 2K11 and most other 2K games. You're fighting for control online in 15.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »