Home

The Park wishlist thread

This is a discussion on The Park wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2015, 01:41 AM   #9
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Park wishlist thread

I'd like them to go FIFA's way where online/offline carrer is separated. Your online rating should reflect your ability to play in MyPark / Rec, not the ability to foul-out as many offline games on rookie difficulty as you can.

The other feature that can be derived from FIFA - it's progression tracker. Give us a tab where all stats/badges progress is shown. I want to know how many bank shots I need to get the badge.

Third, badge earning system should be adjusted the way that all bronze/silver/gold levels can be either earned or bought. But the VC price should be high enough for people to concider whether they want to sink time to get/upgrade the badge or save time and buy it with VC earned (or bought for cash). BUT mentality badges must be earned only. And there should be some Park / Rec specific badges that can be earned by playing there (and be active there only).

Badge progression system should reflect player's skill. For example, bronze level "Fadeway Ace" is 100 "points".
- At bronze level you get 1 point for each fade jumper (of fade post jumper!) attempt. And if you made the shot you would get 1 extra point.
- At silver level there is, like, 300 points to be earned. 1 for attempt, 2 for the make
- Gold level should be 200-300 points and only made shots are count towards it.

Another great addition to the park will be the ability to turn on/off in-game notifications about your progress. Let's take that you've just made a heavily contested post fadeway jumper and your notifications are ON. Then you'll see somewhere on the screen that you got:
+1 "Deadeye" badge point (and 1 extra point if you did perfect release)
+2 "Fade ace" badge pts
+2 "Post Proficiency", "Post Fadeaway" attribute pts.

Other good thing will be an option to turn on/off display of "passive" badges under your card in right upper corner to let us know when our "fierce competitor" is activated or when we're getting bonuses from a fella with "Floor General".

And, of course, badge description should clearly state what exactly this badge affects. Like in pastgen versions.

Last edited by RodionMaZ; 03-25-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: corrected minor spelling mistakes
Old 03-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodionMaZ
I'd like them to go FIFA'a way where online/offline carrer is separated. Your online rating should reflect your ability to play in MyPark / Rec, not by ability to foul-out as many offline games on rookie difficulty as you can.

The other issue, that can be derived from FIFA - it's progression tracker. Give us a tab where all stats/badges progress is shown. I want to know how many bank shots I need to get the badge.

Third, badge earning system should be adjusted the way that all bronze/silver/gold levels can be either earned or bought. But the VC price should be high enough for people to concider whether they want to sink time to get/upgrade the badge or save time and but it with VC earned (or bought for cash). BUT mentality badges must be earned only. And there should be some Park / Rec specific badges that can be earned by playing there (and being active there only).

Badge progression system should reflect player's skill. For example, bronze level "Fadeway Ace" is 100 "points".
- At bronze level you get 1 point for each fade jumper (of fade post jumper!) attempt. And if you made the shot you would get 1 extra point.
- At silver level there is, like, 300 points to be earned. 1 for attempt, 2 for the make

Another great addition to the park will be the ability to turn on/off in-game notifications about your progress. Let's take that you've just made a heavily contested post fadeway jumper and your notifications are ON. Then you'll see somewhere on the screen that you got:
+1 "Deadeye" point (and 1 extra point if you did perfect release)
+2 "Fade ace" pts
+2 "Post Proficiency" pts.

And an option to turn on/off showing of "passive" badges under your card in right upper corner to let me know when my "fierce competitor" is activated or when I'm getting bonuses from a fella with "Floor General".
Somebody give this man an award because I definitely agree with everything he wrote in this post.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:50 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I'd like them to go FIFA'a way where online/offline carrer is separated. Your online rating should reflect your ability to play in MyPark / Rec, not by ability to foul-out as many offline games on rookie difficulty as you can.

The other issue, that can be derived from FIFA - it's progression tracker. Give us a tab where all stats/badges progress is shown. I want to know how many bank shots I need to get the badge.

Third, badge earning system should be adjusted the way that all bronze/silver/gold levels can be either earned or bought. But the VC price should be high enough for people to concider whether they want to sink time to get/upgrade the badge or save time and but it with VC earned (or bought for cash). BUT mentality badges must be earned only. And there should be some Park / Rec specific badges that can be earned by playing there (and being active there only).

+2 "Fade ace" pts

And an option to turn on/off showing of "passive" badges under your card in right upper corner to let me know when my "fierce competitor" is activated or when I'm getting bonuses from a fella with "Floor General".
THIS !!! ./.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #12
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:

+2 "Fade ace" pts

Hell yeah, I like this one! Pls 2k, recognize it!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #13
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I've never played FIFA so I don't really know what all that stuff is like but it sounds good?

Anyway, all I would really want to see that I would imagine is completely possible is to allow everyone to see each other's complete stat-line in the Park/Rec. Right now all we see is PPG, APG, and RPG, not even someone's winning percentage or average teammate grade....

I mean couldn't there be a place where everyone's stats showed, especially during a Rec game (how many times have you wondered how many points/boards some guy has got against your buddy who isn't playing defense?)

Also, it would be pretty cool to have some type of "MyPark Records" where all the best performances are recorded in the Park and Rec. Like most assists in a game?

And lastly, a matchmaking system, seriously. I'd be a Leg3 twice over if I hadn't wasted so much time trying to get the "Got Next" and Squad system to work properly.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 03-08-2015, 03:14 PM   #14
Rookie

nice thread, nice video
Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #15
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Defensive taunts after blocked shots, steals would be nice...

It's about time you guys add Mutombo's finger wag...

Also would like to request a taunt after a big pick after planting that fool on the floor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

While waiting for a game, let the people standing around get a game of 21 or an empty court just for shooting. So for squad based games the countdown timer can notify you that your game of 21 or empty court shooting has come to an end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »