Home

Question about volume shooter badge

This is a discussion on Question about volume shooter badge within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about volume shooter badge

Since I got it in mycareer by accident (been trying taking shots less than 25 but go it over anyways) wondering if upgrading to gold make it worse or better? Will gold increase or decrease shots required to stay hot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question about volume shooter badge

I cant get anyone hot who has it in myteam. Hopefully its different in mycareer for you.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincythunder
Since I got it in mycareer by accident (been trying taking shots less than 25 but go it over anyways) wondering if upgrading to gold make it worse or better? Will gold increase or decrease shots required to stay hot
Gold decreases the required Volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
I cant get anyone hot who has it in myteam. Hopefully its different in mycareer for you.
MyTeam games are 5 min quarters, Volume is a badge that is better the longer a game is, for obvious reasons. In general it's difficult to get players hot in 5M quarters before they get tired. Quarter breaks and timeouts that break heat are much more prevalent as well.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 03-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Rookie

I can get people hot pretty easy who dont have the badge. I suppose you are right if you play longer quarters. Although I would assume I would get the non volume shooters in longer quarters hot 3 or 4 times or just keep them hot.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #5
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincythunder
I haven't been able to get hot since I got that crappy badge. Gold only makes it a little better; I can hit 6, 7, or 8 shots in a row and still not get hot and as soon as I miss one I can pretty much count on missing the next 1 or 2 after as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 01:01 AM   #6
Banned

Volume Shooter is more of a troll badge for all the shot jackers out there. Once you get it it hinders the success of your Microwave and Unfazed badges if you have them. I do the same taking 24 shots per game max win or lose. I have a SF with and a SF without Volume Shooter and the game is much more enjoyable without it, sure you have to play a smarter game taking efficient shots but that's part of the NBA. Not coming down court jacking up 30+ shots per night.

My SF without Volume Shooter can hit two shots and set a screen then he is hot, with the badge you have to literally ball hog to get the 2 red rings and who really enjoys turning 2K into NBA Jam??????????????

Lots do just hit the park
Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 AM   #7
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jUSToFFICIAL
Volume Shooter is more of a troll badge for all the shot jackers out there. Once you get it it hinders the success of your Microwave and Unfazed badges if you have them. I do the same taking 24 shots per game max win or lose. I have a SF with and a SF without Volume Shooter and the game is much more enjoyable without it, sure you have to play a smarter game taking efficient shots but that's part of the NBA. Not coming down court jacking up 30+ shots per night.

My SF without Volume Shooter can hit two shots and set a screen then he is hot, with the badge you have to literally ball hog to get the 2 red rings and who really enjoys turning 2K into NBA Jam??????????????

Lots do just hit the park
It's not totally for chuckers; I averaged 16 shots per game the season I unlocked Volume Shooter and I average about 18 shots per game for my career. The parameters for obtaining that badge really need to be adjusted if they're bringing that badge back next year.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Old 03-07-2015, 02:05 AM   #8
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

With 12 minute quarters I usually end up at 16/30. Not that I want to, but with this badge, I usually go 0/6 to begin or 1/5 and then I need to work to get above .500 shooting.

I wish there were a way to abandon a badge in MyCareer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »