Home

Signature Sizeups or nah?

This is a discussion on Signature Sizeups or nah? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Signature Sizeups or nah?

What do you guys think? Should this be expanded upon next year or scaled back? I'm torn because on face value it takes control away from the user. Players that don't know how to naturally break people down using isomotion can just flick up and launch out and experience a lot of success. But it's also awesome because it is the only way to accurately replicate some of the set ups for crosses the players actually use and advanced user can make it a thing of beauty when pairing it with regular isomotion and step backs. 2k is likely going to expand on it. What do you guys think? Should it be expanded so that guys have even more than one, or even can control the speed t plays out? Or was it a bad idea and should be scaled back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #2
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

Re: Signature Sizeups or nah?

They should get rid of it completely and go back to 2k10/2k11 dribble moves. The more you increase your ball control the better size up you get. I dislike how everything just given at the start and doesn't show any type of progression. They also need to desperate all the dribble moves. I love crossover 2 but like the shamgod that crossover 18/19 has and hate having to change it.

The size up are cool but TBH you could create your own if you time your dribble moves right. It not hard to come up with some quick go to moves. The dribble moves separates the good players from the cheesy one.

Last edited by TrustedDegree4; 03-07-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:54 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Keep the size-ups. Adds much more signature flavour to the game.

It's one of the FEW things that separates one player from the next. If you removed them, we'd all be back to square one again and everyone would have the same set of dribble moves. I don't care about folk thinking you've 'got no stick game', that's just an ego issue, I'd rather see the game bring out more individuality with a wider selection and variety of signature moves.

I wish they'd bring back the signature gathers too, really add more things to separate player styles. Chuck in subtle things like giving MJ back his one handed ball fakes, more signature layups styles etc etc.

Too much generic stuff in 2k - you'd think in the generation of Xbone and PS4 they could branch out a little.

My two cents.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Absolutely have to keep them and add more.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm all for leaving them in. I definitely think they shouldn't be as powerful though. Size ups ar e easist way to get your player to explode out of a dribble move. Put on park size up 31 and commence destroying people lol. God forbid you do a hesitation 3 step back first. Size ups are the only move that allow you to explode out at top speed in either direction. I think each size up should have a direction that you can't explode as fast out of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Keep them. It adds individuality to each player.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I definitely like them, but think they need to do what was said above and have certain ones unlock only when you have a high enough dribble.

I mean, in the core game itself it works fine...but in career you can have a center with no handling at all have all the best moves and cross guards because of it.

I think they need to break down the moves more too: crosses, iso, in and out, hesi, stepback, behind the back, etc...just like back in 2K11.

-Allen Iverson
Old 03-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

They need to expand upon it, and im sure they will, but you need to be able to LOSE the ball occasionally. Even with great handles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »