Home

Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

This is a discussion on Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Twitter Rage Reveals 2k Direction on Online Leagues

*Facepalm*
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 02:39 AM   #26
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?...problem-xbox-1

I would like to add this thread from the "official" 2k forums which plainly shows that leagues aren't forgotten . they just don't work smh. When 2k runs their "numbers " to see which modes get played the most , leagues will be at bottom due to their development mistakes

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 AM   #27
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I must say, as a player who has really liked Evolve, their servers have been rubbish in the past week. Constant disconnections and bugs
Old 03-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #28
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I get hit up a ton by NBA 2K users (including homie from these tweets) about the complaints on online leagues and honestly, I can't blame him. Now insulting someone is a bit much but when those big youtubers who play MyTeam or MyPlayer trash the game its waved off. One of the cats went off over some MyTeam card if I'm not mistaken.

The frustration level for a bunch of us has spilled over due to the mode we enjoy being "ignored" while we constantly get MyTeam and MyPlayer stuff thrown into our faces every time we load up the game. Our mode is unplayable while their mode gets all the attention.

The reason people don't play online leagues? In the kindest words I can find right now - its terrible. Not even close to being playable.

Maybe the frustration from the "forgotten few" will smooth out if there was a some line of communication that they are working on it. Maybe a simple poll of what we would like to see? Beluba did it for the shot meter, I'm sure it could be done for this, right?

I've supported the Sim Hangouts AND sent emails to people (with no response that they even read it) but I still have doubts that the mode will be revamped to something we could enjoy from October to October.

Da Czar is a mustard seed of faith but I don't know what he works on. He may be just a gameplay guy and the guys/gals responsible for online leagues work in a different part of the building. I mean, he and Chris may be able to get our ideas to those guys over some Subway but until then we just have to sit on our hands.

I'd personally pay my own way to California just to sit down with the online league group. I just want the mode to be playable. I don't think any of us are looking for "the greatest mode ever" right off the bat but a playable foundation would suit us just fine.
I just hope 2k can find a way to monetize OL/OA with either making it a DLC or making it rife with VC and micro transactions in order to make it viable for them from a business perspective. That is our only hope at this juncture. The mode is on life support and the statistics 2k is using to neglect the mode is flawed when many cannot even create leagues in order to try the mode, as barebones as it may be.

On another note, I wonder if 2k keeps statistics on the number of games played, started, and finished for this mode. It would be interesting to see how those numbers would reflect on the instability of the mode and their servers.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 03-09-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 AM   #29
Rookie

FiskWilson's Arena

Kinda late, but the disconnecting issues have been happening on other modes as well, not just the online leagues. During the weekend, my group of friends weren't unable to complete a single Rec game. We tried team-up once, thinking it was a Rec center problem... failed to get past the first quarter.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #30
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

That same error message pops up for online ranked matches. The starting with 9 is when your the road team, they have an error message starting with 5 that happens when your the home team.....

EXTREMELY ANNOYING !!!!!!!!

Those error codes have really driven me to the brink with this game online. It actually starting happening around April of 2k14 and carried right over to this season. I've asked, sent message asking about this but NO RESPONSES......

Edit: Like these error messages are made by them. Can they atleast explain what this error codes are ??

Last edited by Mintsa; 03-09-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #31
Banned

Can someone please tell me exactly
what Defensive assist strength and Boxout Assist strength is??? I know its suppose to help guide you in some way but I never really understood what exactly turning it from 0 to 100 or 100 to 0 is suppose to do? Is it just a placebo effect or does it really matter. What are the games default settings for these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #32
Banned

It's kind of a shame that the "Twitter war" got off the topic of the SERVERS so quickly.

The servers are average at their best...and have been basically UNPLAYABLE on weekends.

Any mention of this seems to get a response from 2K that the users internet connection is poor. Well...I have just about the best internet you can buy because I use it for my online business that I run out of my home. And my PS4 is using a WIRED connection.

And still I have all the hiccups and freezes just trying to navigate thru the MyTeam menus....I'm not even talking about playing an actual GAME. That's pretty much a JOKE on weekends unless you want to play a game that looks like 10 guys having a seizure on the basketball court at the same time.

As for the Online Leagues...the simple solution is to find a way to monetize it - as someone else mentioned. Either as a DLC that has to be purchased for something in the $4.99 to $9.99 range or with the current VC system.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »