Home

Anyone else notice a difference lately...?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice a difference lately...? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else notice a difference lately...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I'm not on a "high horse". I'm just trying to keep the thread on the rails.

I thought I was pretty POLITE about it.

Sorry, but your post and info has almost no relation to this thread. It's not an insult or a shot at you, just a fact.
If you're saying "I've had this since this date"

Then I say "It's always been like that for me"

Then I fail to see how that isn't relating to the topic?

Bizarre.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #34
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

I've noticed the difference in rebounding. The CPU gets a ton of offensive rebounds. It's not even funny.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #35
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

I know this is just 2k second making series since the next gen so work is in progress. but the free will of playing this game has been taken away from us. instead the game will determine the outcome of what will happen.

If the game want the CPU to score they will score.
If the game want the CPU to grab rebound they will grab rebounds.
If the game don't want the USER to not score you will not score.
If the game don't want the USER to grab rebound you will not.
If the game don't want the USER to play defense you will not.

Games are very predictable, you know your going to miss the layups or putbacks, and the cpu will make big shots. the cpu has some type of string on the basketball and dribble through traffic without any turnovers.

This is a very good game but it has reach the threshold the boiling point, is too much bs and it can't be hidden no more..it's a dirty, nasty, disrespectful, outrageous, feeling to it and make you want too break something in half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess I never really thought about it, but I would agree that I've noticed significantly more offensive rebounds by the CPU. I have stud rebounders with upper 80s/low 90s rebounding too, and they get out rebounded all the time.

I've also noticed the lack of CPU not allowing alley-oops or deflecting the pass as well. With the T'Wolves I'd have 5-6 oops a game and now I'm lucky to get 1 per game.

This was also mentioned, but I have noticed when I'm significantly ahead in the 2nd half it's like all bets are off on me cruising to a victory. The CPU in 3 consecutive games in the 2nd half are shooting 70%+ from 3pt range. Yes some of these are uncontested, but most of them are contested. On the other end there were times I'd miss a wide open dunk on a fast break with Andrew Wiggins who has a very high dunk rating.

With that said, I don't know if these are major issues for me but I have noticed some slight changes in various areas that have kind of had a major negative impact on the overall gameplay.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19

Have noticed gameplay changes although I definitely have not gotten killed on the ORBs yet. Feel like rebounding is actually much better now. I've seen the "dropped" rebounds and this is probably there to limit questionable ORBs.

Alley oops were tuned down, it's a bad idea if someone doesn't have a badge.

Games are more defensive now but this just makes momentum stand out even worse. I shot 80% with 3-3 3PT in the first quarter against a terrible Knicks opponent and then shot 30% over the next three quarters simply because he was averaging 5 points per quarter. The game just won't allow jumpers to go in at all unless your opponent is semi-competitive.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 03-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #38
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OMG..and the pass deflect. look how quickly they morph from one spot to the next just to deflect the passes, like there playing handball at the beach, whoooh!! I'm piss off.

I'm trying so hard not to turn this into a complaint thread sorry!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:39 PM   #39
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually see the rebounding issue. I had enough of it when freaking Ryan Hollins of all ppl was grabbing from Kufos. Alot of rebounds should be called for over the back and i even have that slider maxed out. Also seeing more passes just flying all over the place. I was getting dumb passes like this before but now im seeing a whole lot more. I had 3 in the 1st qt of my last game. Im also seeing players are not playing at their attributes on the CPU side and this wasn't the case before.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #40
Banned

I play HOF with custom sliders to balance the CPU edge in various categories but the overall issue is that for offensive rebounds, my player will have the ball but clipping issues have made rebounding really bad. The cpu will clip me to get rebounds, even with custom sliders the cpu still has a different level they play at. They still get all lose balls and their awareness is still higher then mines which I don't get. I agree with the poster talking about gameplay being real predictable, if the cpu wants to score they will and they dicatate what we can do. It seems like we are losing control of our players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »