Home

Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength????

This is a discussion on Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength???? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksinceday1
I'm an 88 year old man.
My 80 year old granpa still doesn't know how to use Nokia 3310.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #10
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

This is just fantastic
Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksinceday1
I'm an 88 year old man. I asked this question to Mike Wang and also Ronnie 2k years ago when they first brought that defensive assist strength setting into the game. I could never get a honest answer just speculations. I won't spam anymore. Sorry if I offended anyone. Ill just keep this thread alive until I can get a legit answer. I don't know why anybody else is wondering this same thing? I mean this setting is in your Myplayer and also quick matches. I don't even know why they would put it in the game unless it would give some kind of advantage. Why wouldn't they just make a default setting? Maybe all that slider stuff slows the game down

Defensive assist strength just helps you stay in front of the guy better when you press L2 on PS4. Box out strength means you will box out sronger the higher it is. Hope that helps

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #12
Banned

it helps to a point, but u just said it basically is better to just put both of them higher and you will boxout and get better D when you open your legs, I mean hold the L trigger. So should I just jack both of them up to 100. My point is why is it in the game? I swear I think this game is so computerized sometimes with all its canned animations and this poop. Sometimes when I play this game I can't tell if I'm actually playing or watching tv.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Defensive Assistant on zero means you have complete control of your defender. Every move you make is your own and not AI assisted. The AI will not aid you & help you slide into defensive position. Eventually making you a better on-ball defender in the long run. Having it on 100 the AI will completely aid you into getting in the correct position to defend. It will slide you into place to stop your opponent, while also pulling out defensive animations for you by holding L2 (PS4). Used for people who can not guard the ball handler for themselves. The scale is normally set at 50, so the novice can keep up.

Boxout Assist is basically the same thing, but for rebounding. Zero you are basically boxing out & fighting for the rebound yourself. 100 means the AI is fighting off opponents for you, helping to secure the rebound by just holding L2 (PS4).
Old 03-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #14
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I find it funny you keep spamming this question but your screen name is '2ksinceday1' - one would assume someone with that name knows everything there is to know about said game.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 03-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #15
Banned

I find it funny that you find this funny. 2k is real life. People get killed over 2k dude That is a happy dude offering you a beer. Drink it and celebrate life for you die like everyone else on this website just like the creators of nba2k and the creators of operation sports. No man has got it made till he is far beyond the grave
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #16
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
My 80 year old granpa still doesn't know how to use Nokia 3310.
My Grandpa doesn't even know what the internet is!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »