Home

Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength????

This is a discussion on Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength???? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 12:37 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Assist Strength & Boxout Assist Strength????

Thank you very much CapitolRF!!! Couple more questions tho are you saying that it benefits you more if you put it up towards 100? Would you be penalized in any movement like say offball by putting it at 100? What movements would you lose or gain? Bottom line what are the pros and cons of playing with the setting at 100 and playing with it at 0.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksinceday1
Thank you very much CapitolRF!!! Couple more questions tho are you saying that it benefits you more if you put it up towards 100? Would you be penalized in any movement like say offball by putting it at 100? What movements would you lose or gain? Bottom line what are the pros and cons of playing with the setting at 100 and playing with it at 0.
well the main reason i Rebuke "def assist" entirely

is because it limits your freedom as a defender to mix it up

and Dictate instead of just Reacting.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #19
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

So are you really 88 years old ? Usually I woudn't even consider one second that's true but you got me legit confused.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #20
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

I didn't get it until now, but if you are really 88 god bless and you keep on playing but please stick to casual settings have fun.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #21
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksinceday1
it helps to a point, but u just said it basically is better to just put both of them higher and you will boxout and get better D when you open your legs, I mean hold the L trigger. So should I just jack both of them up to 100. My point is why is it in the game? I swear I think this game is so computerized sometimes with all its canned animations and this poop. Sometimes when I play this game I can't tell if I'm actually playing or watching tv.
There is some speculation going around about this individual's age. I am leaning on the side of it being a fact. This appears to be the general disjointed formulation of a sentence an octogenarian would have.

If you are not actual 80+ years of age, please keep it a secret from me. I am thoroughly enjoying this. The mental images are priceless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 10:06 AM   #22
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
I didn't get it until now, but if you are really 88 god bless and you keep on playing but please stick to casual settings have fun.
It's almost technically impossible that an 88 years old would even bother with that sort of crap anyway lol.

But in the case he is, props to him and all the love.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #23
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

This is what I posted on one of the other threads when you asked before. I won't waste the precious little time you still have on this Earth old timer.

"I can't tell you exactly, but I can tell you what I've done. My box out assist is at zero. I felt like MyPlayer was boxing out anyone and everyone even if they were out at the 3 point line. Now I just go into box out animation and then search for the nearest player crashing the boards to box out. Defensive assist strength I have set at 55. My defender tends to help better during picks/ screens. I also have my shot defense set to aggressive. I don't like to jump aimlessly all over the court. If I have my right analog on & my hands up MyPlayer will contest the shot IF they actually take it."
Old 03-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #24
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
It's almost technically impossible that an 88 years old would even bother with that sort of crap anyway lol.

But in the case he is, props to him and all the love.
I got your point, nba 2k15 and the age 88 doesn't add up right??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »